Pre-night in san juan prior to adventure of the seas

cruisecriticmonster

staying at the Hyatt Place in the city center...has anyone stayed there lately...any feed back would be greatly appreciated...any good recommendations for food near the hotel and in the old san juan area...I have heard that the hotel is a few minutes from the Pan American pier and is about 10 minute cab ride to Old San Juan area...thanks again:)

I haven't stayed at the Hyatt Place, so I can't comment on the hotel. But I know there a couple of chain restaurants close by -- Olive Garden, Sizzler, Long Horn Steakhouse and Texas de Brazil. I can recommend a good local place called La Casita Miramar that's only a few blocks away. You can't really walk since it's across the highway. But it would be a very short taxi ride. Should also be quick to to reach both OSJ and Condado via taxi.

The Princesa Gastro Bar in Old San Juan was really good. It's on the Paseo la Princesa and is open air seating so it's just a pretty cool place after the sun goes down.

Another place we really enjoyed was the Punto de Vista Restaurant on the roof of the Hotel Milano at 307 Calle de la Fortaleza. It's got some really great views of Old San Juan and great food as well.