VOS Room 8500 12/3-12/10 & Cozumel

tree99

First cruise for me, my wife took one 17 years ago for Spring Break in college. Just booked it this week for our 2 children (2 & 3) and a sitter in a Family Ocean view Cabin. Has anyone ever stayed in this cabin and have any opinions about it? Since it is in the front of the ship, it seems that we will get our fair share of walking.

Also, what is the boards opinion regarding this voyage visiting Cozumel, will we dock as planned, go to Belize (as the the people at Expedia said) or have another day at sea.

Thank you for your answers in advance. This is a great board for information for newcomers and seasoned veterans alike.

Happy Holidays.

:) :)

Hi! I am on the same sailing with my DH and DD (5 1/2). This will be our 3rd cruise on the voyager-class ships (2nd for DD). If you haven't signed up for the meet and mingle yet, we have a thread going on the Roll Call Section, and we only need 1 more person to sign up so we can have a Meet and Mingle Party on board!!!

Here are the threads:

To sign up for the meet and mingle:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Here's the link to our roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=220488

Please sign up if you haven't already, and we'll see you on board!

Oops, answers to your questions...

We have never stayed in that type of room before... we're usually in the "cheap seats" in the inside rooms. However, this time we actually have an outside cabin (with a porthole) as it was a free cruise earned on our Royal Caribbean/MBNA Visa Card. This time we're close to the front of the ship ON DECK TWO, so we'll REALLY be doing a lot of walking!!! :eek:

As far as the ship going to Cozumel, so far we're still slated to go according to RCI. The Explorer was supposed to be in port with us in Cozumel on the 8th, but it now has a day at sea. I'm assuming we're still going as they haven't changed our itinerary. Guess we'll see how this first week goes with the ships finally being able to return, and if things go well, maybe they won't change our itinerary. I've been to Belize before (dove the Blue Hole and ventured in to Guatemala to see Tikal), so I'm hoping we'll stick to Cozumel as we'd like to have an easy beach day (assuming there's still beach...)

These boards are wonderful (and addicting!), and you can really learn a lot of great information. I know I have since I came across them before our Mariner cruise in '04.

Happy cruising... just be careful- you might like it so much that you're FORCED to book another one while on board!!!:D

Hi! It's me again... looks like we have 28 people signed up for our Meet and Mingle Party, so hopefully RCI will be letting us know soon when and where the party will be.... Could be that you and your family put us over the top as we were originally at 24... but if not, you should sign up for the party!!!

Archived