Upgrades Once Cabins Assigned?

cruise 'n shopper

We booked an oceanview guarantee on the Zenith, and noticed on the Celebrity website that our cabin number was assigned quickly. We were disappointed to see that, despite Captains Club Select status, we received the lowest oceanview category on the lowest passenger deck.

I realize that we take our chances with a guarantee fare, but was wondering if this is the last word from Celebrity. Has anyone been reassigned to a higher category cabin closer in to the sailing date, after the initial cabin assignment is made?

Thanks!

If you are not sailing for a while there are lots of chances that you will be assigned something better down the road. If they continue to sell the guarantees this increases the odds. It is a lottery for sure but don't give up hope. You may sail in an oceanview yet it depends on your "fare code" too which has alot to do with price. If you got a ridiculously low rate then others who pay higher prices will possibly sail in a higher category but none of this is certain. In the end it is luck of the draw.

On the other hand if you are sailing next week this could be bad.

cruise n' shopper - I've been wondering the same thing. We booked a veranda guarantee and were assigned a CC cabin upgrade :D. Our friends booked an oceanview guarantee a week later (for the same price) and were assigned the lowest category oceanview :(. We are just under 3 weeks out, so I'm praying they get upgraded before the cruise. Stinks to pay the same $$$ and not get the same great cabin and services as your friends....of course, we'll share what we can!

So, anyone know if guarantee upgrades still happen at this stage of the game? I'm sure there are many people that paid less for oceanview guarantees, so I would hope that they would be at the top of the list to get bumped up...

For every cruiser like Airb330 and pennstater, there are probably ten more who didn't get an upgrade.

I think Rick is right, if you are going to book a gty you should be ready to stay in the lowest cabin in the category.

But think of all the money you save when you book a gty, that may help sweeten the disappointment if the upgrade fairy fails to visit.

Susan

Archived