Cozumel 2005 (Image) +

El Coz - Antonio

I'm impressed - the restoration work is amazing. We were in Cozumel in March of this year and will be back again in March 06. It will be interesting to see the difference one year makes after enduring a major hurricane. With all the hard work done in Cozumel I will ensure that I spend just a little bit more while visiting. These hard working people deserve a whole lot more.

Take care and thanks for the great pics!

We just received word from a cruiser aboard the Legend who just returned on Saturday, that the captain announed they would begin calling on Coz this week, but will tender until the piers are rebuilt!

We will be there and we'll 'stimulate the economy' the best we know how to!!

I'm impressed - the restoration work is amazing. We were in Cozumel in March of this year and will be back again in March 06. It will be interesting to see the difference one year makes after enduring a major hurricane. With all the hard work done in Cozumel I will ensure that I spend just a little bit more while visiting. These hard working people deserve a whole lot more.

Take care and thanks for the great pics!

I can say same:) , very well done, to all.

I really enjoyed your pictures, and what a terrific job you people did on recovery. You really put us here in the states to shame with your hard work. Will see you the end of January on the "Rhapsody of the Seas". We have been to Cozumel six times in the last few years, and can't wait to see it again.

Thank you for the albulm - I would have really loved to have been there for the celebration! I hope you are still celbrating on Dec 6 when we arrive on the NCL Sun. They were inspiring pictures and am so glad you made it - we have been to Cozumel many times and so look forward to coming back. You have done an amazing job next to the recovery efforts here in the US on our cities - you should all be awarded!!! See you soon! :D Debbie

:)

Thank you all for your comments. The Album is a work in progress and will continue to grow and document Cozumel's return to normality. I have added some info on the photo on the website dedicated to it. I hope you all will continue to enjoy the album.

http://www.antonioscozumel.com/spiritofcozumel.html

I'm totally speechless. Its difficult to believe the initial devastation on streets, we were actually walking down earlier this year, but we will be there again in January, and after seeing the wonderful spirit and determination you have all shown in putting your island, no your home, back together, i have no reservations whatsoever in coming back there. Your photographs are a wonderfully understated, very touching, testament to you all:)

Really most of the feedback from folks that have been here on cruises since Nov 14th is positive. I keep running into people that are amazed at what has been acomplished here in such a short time, when you consider how long things take in some parts of the US after such a storm hits, I even heard one American here say that FEMA should hire the Mayor of Cozumel, people just can't believe this is a "3rd world" country. In any event, Cozumel is once again proving to be a world class destination, and although it will probably take a full year to return to pre-Wilma conditions, without a doubt Cozumel will once again shine as the top destination in the Caribbean for Cruise Lines and their welcomed passengers.

By the way I just added a 2006 Cozumel calendar, I hope you all like it.

4141670.1015784.jpg

Click this image...

Antonio, Thanks For The Pictures, Will Be There Saturday. So Hope To Find My Friends And Lend Some Financial Aid And Christmas Cheer. I Live In Southeast Florida. So I Know Just The Very Small Effects Of Wilma Compared To Cozumel. Tammy

Archived