Limo/town car picking you up at pier? FLL

flashdog_1

I've never done this before, so bear with me, please.

I've done the web searches, made contact with several companies that appear to be reliable and reasonably priced for a ride to the West Palm Beach airport but have not finalized anything.

How do you (or do they?) determine the time to be picked up? I have a 1 p.m. flight and it's about an hour's ride so I have a large window of time. The ship is supposed to be in at 8, but you know how customs goes.

How do you recognize one another since there won't be a big sign on the car? Do they hold a sign with your name as they do for some excursions?

Some advertise that there may be additional charges like parking. Can't coordination be made by cell phone? Help me understand what I need to know, please.

Hi flashdog,

The actual time that you will be terminal is not a precise time, but will vary due to the customs and immigration process, your debarkation color code and the amount of time that you take to locate your baggage. Your ship will probably arrive on time, and if all goes well you could be leaving the terminal at the earliest at about 9:15am, and the ship should be cleared by about 10:30am. As you leave the terminal, with your baggage, there will usually be a group of limo drivers with cards bearing the names of their passengers, or in some locations the limos may be lined up at a curb waiting.

It is a very good idea to get a phone number from your limo provider, they can either give you a number for the driver, or a dispatcher you can coordinate with. Don't know how long a drive you have but your flight time sounds like you have adequate time to make a relaxed connection.

petert

Thanks. I'm sure it can be worked out. Since we have lots of time between ship's arrival and meeting a car for an hour's drive to the W Palm Beach airport, I guess we can lounge around the ship until it's time to meet the car. We'll just have flight bags for this 2 night cruise, so won't need to mess with baggage claim etc. Sounds like a winner.

Archived