Trouble contacting David & Ivan???

Tooth Gal

I have tried to e-mail David & Ivan twice in the last 4-6 weeks, but I have not heard back fom them.

We are very interested in their Chacchoben Ruins tour, and was wondering if anyone else has had trouble reaching them through their web site???

Thanks

Cindy

We just took their tour last Friday...it was wonderful. You probably couldn't reach them because Ivan was in Cancun. When they first heard about Wilma they thought it would hit Costa Maya so he took his Mom to his sisters in Cancun! Not such a good move. They are there and you should try one more time.

We took the tour with Ivan 2 weeks ago and yes, he had taken his family to Cancun, as he thought it would be safer. Our tour was the first one he had done in 3 weeks. They were very responsive to my mails, so I think you should hear back. This is the email that I used to contact Ivan...icohuo@chacchobenruins.com - hope that helps! :)

Oh, I should also add some history based on the tour that we took with Ivan. Until about 3 years ago, when the cruise lines decided to make Costa Maya one of the ports, this area of Mexico did not have any electricty. Only within about the last 6 months, have they had internet access in this area. There is one community center that has 6 computer terminals, one for each village. This may be another reason as to why there has been some time since you have heard from them as well!

Ivan's definitely back! I received the following from him yesterday. On their website, for the day we are in port, it indicates the tour would not start until 11:00, but I was going to do it anyway. Our ship (Glory) will be the extra ship in port that day, arriving at 8:00 a.m. I was VERY pleased to see they have added an earlier time, so that we have time to hang out at the beach in the afternoon. I can't wait! :D

"I’m pleased to inform you that we have your reservation confirmed as

follows:

Tour: Chacchoben Mayan Ruins

Date: Wednesday, December 7th.

Departure Time: 09:00AM Ship Time (or one hour after the ship docks) from our location in Majahual Village.

Price: $43US per person

We’ll contact you one week before the tour date for our final reconfirmation.

Please click on the link below for information on how to find our location in Majahual. We recommend you to print the map and use it for further reference when you’re at the village.

http://www.chacchobenruins.com/wst_page10.html

We look forward to meeting you!

Best regards,

Ivan Cohuo"

I have the phone number for Ivan also. It is 9988693346. I don't know what or if you need country codes for the number. Ivan called me in June to confirm my reservation. We had a las minute itinerary change on the Miracle and were scrambling to change our reservations with Ivan and David. I was worried that we wouldn't get to go on the tour but on the way driving to Tampa...surprise I got a phone call on my cell. Everything worked out great. I will be sad to see the day that David and Ivan get too busy to do all of the tours themselves. Because of the wonderful service you get with them they are very popular. Keep trying to get them because it is worth a little work here to get an outstanding tour there.

I just got a message from Ivan today! YEAH!

I am very excited for my children to learn something about the Mayan culture, and the fact that David and Ivan are local make it that much more special!

Thanks for the help!

Cindy

I just E-mailed today for the 12/3 Glory also. I inquired about the Chacchoben Extreme which takes you to a lagoon after the ruins, anyone ever done this? I think we will book the ruins, especially since I see there is an early one. Anyone think it would be better just to do that and then go to a beach ourselves in the pm?

I just got a message from Ivan today! YEAH!

I am very excited for my children to learn something about the Mayan culture, and the fact that David and Ivan are local make it that much more special!

Thanks for the help!

Cindy

Ivan is brilliant! He knows the culture and the religious background of the ancient Maya...and is a wonderful story teller.

You will learn so much from him (I've been studying Pre-Columbian cultures for years, and it's something special to hear it from someone who grew up in the shadows of the ruins).

Enjoy!

~e

Reaching david and Ivan can be hard due to the lack of internet service in their home town but they do get back to you. One of the other responses had their cell phone number listed. We took the tour with Ivan (they split the group) and were extremely happy. Ivan and David grew up in the area and Ivan explained how he used to play in the area before they found the ruins!. He is extremely knowledgeable in the culture, history and customs of the Mayans, both past and current.

Finding them in Majahual Village was easier than I thought. Take a taxi (only one stand in costa maya ) to Majahual (3 dollars each,) and the taxi lets everyone off at the start of the main street. David will be in the road a few feet away outside the Cat's Meow restuarant. Easy!.

Any questions, email me directly. JefArl@aol.com

JefArl

Carnival Miracle 10/31/05

and 12 others

Archived