Tips for Tampa

aoife

You can spend the afternoon right around Channelside. There are some great restaurants there and the Florida Aquarium in there also and it is great. There is also a retired naval ship to tour at Channelside. You can also hope the trolley to Ybor City. A little less to do there for the kids but it is still nice during the day.

Or, if you have any interest in getting home earlier, check to see what other flights your airline has [before you leave home] and then you can go to the airport and try to get changed to one of those earlier flights. It may cost you a little [ours was $25 each], but might be well worth it to get home sooner. We had a 5:30 flight scheduled, but there was a flight at about 11:30 [which we didn't want to chance beforehand]; we were off the ship and at the airport by 10:30, switched to the earlier flight and got home with lots of time to "unwind" before having to face Monday! There's not really much to see/do in Tampa anyway, IMO, and having extra time at home was more important for us.

Hope you have a great cruise - just be prepared for that horrendous dining room decor! [Not to mention the Phantom, Mad Hatter, etc, etc....]

There are TONS of things to do in Tampa....Ybor City, the aquarium, the MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry) which by the way has a GREAT exhibit right now called BODIES http://www.mosi.org/. We went to view it a couple of weeks ago....it was incredible! Let's us know what you decide....you will be happy with any of the above! Have fun!! :)

Get a cheap rental car and take a trip to Clearwater for the day :D You can keep your luggage in the car, and drop it off at the airport before your flight. We did this a few years ago and had a great day! It was a great way to extend our vacation... had lunch and cocktails waterfront... and just relaxed.

There is a toursit booth in the terminal that will hold luggage for 5 bucks per family. But the terminal closes at 4pm...so make sure you pick it upby then.

Aquarium right across the street.

Trolly ride to Ybor.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I was just a bit concerned because although I was sure that I had read in someone's review that you could leave your luggage at the terminal, Carnival told me that you couldn't.

I don't know this from personal experience, but someone else posted on a different thread that you can store your luggage at Cruise Terminal 2, Suite 207. I believe the charge is $5, and they also sell reduced price tickets for the Aquarium across the street.

Archived