Questions and clarification about Royal IQ app

cubalinda

Hi there. I'm looking for some clarification regarding a few conflicting answers to cruisers's Q's about the Royal IQ app.

Can someone tell me if after downloading the app before their cruise, if they were able to open it up in the Pier Terminal before boarding the ship?

Will I be able to pick up Harmony's WiFi in the Terminal? (I will be on Harmony of the Seas April 29th departing from Port Everglades in Ft Lauderdale I believe out of Terminal 18).

If I don't want to incur any roaming/cellular charges I must have my phone in airplane mode correct? If so, obviously being in airplane mode my phone will still be able to connect/use the ship's WiFi necessary for this app?

Am I correct when I say that once opened,the app will ask for personal information to allow you to use the features of the app?

What sort of information do you have to enter at the registration stage?

My travel partner and I need to communicate when apart during the cruise so we need the text/call feature of the app. (Is it still $7.95 per device for the duration of the cruise?)

Dumb question, but where is that fee charged to? To my Apple account or to my SeaPass Account?

Can someone explain the process to sign up/register for the text/call function?

Once operational, how will I know her number to call? How will she be identified in the Text portion of the app?

Very important: Will I receive a traditional ring when she calls and beep when she texts?

Will I receive any notification message on the home page of my phone (iphone 6s) letting me know she has texted me?

If not; is that feasible? If so, does anyone know what I do /adjust in settings specifically to allow her text notifications to come through?

I read another post that we have to have the app on in order to be able to receive calls and texts? Is that true? Any pitfalls to that requirement?

Can I add complimentary/no reservation req'd activities to my Cruise planner from the Cruise Compass (that I think is on the app?) like The Quest, 90's Dance Party etc. as well as changing previously reserved times at our MTD etc and also have those changes appear on the Cruise calendar?

Can someone explain the luggage finder feature? Did it work for you? (Don't know if coming from Canada booked via a TA air/cruise package affects that in any way?? Don't know how it would)

I think this could potentially be a very helpful app to help keep me organized and informed about what's going on by having everything in front of you and the ability to make changes too.

Was it useful for you?

Thanks so much for your assistance/information.