Amazing Race / Family Challenge Experiences?

washdcguy

We're on the Reflection western Caribbean next month and had considered doing the Amazing Race/Family Challenge excursion. We have seen any reviews at all (with the caveat that I searched several ways).

Has anyone had any experience with it and would you recommend it?

We'll have our 3.5 year old and in laws in tow, and we expect the little one will be a little young for it, but that it might be fun anyway.

Thanks,

Jerry

We did one in St. Maarten and it was a BLAST. I would totally do it again if available. Our kids were 6 and 8, it was a lot of walking; maybe more manageable if you have a stroller for the 3.5 year old?

We did one in St. Maarten and it was a BLAST. I would totally do it again if available. Our kids were 6 and 8, it was a lot of walking; maybe more manageable if you have a stroller for the 3.5 year old?

Thanks! We appreciate it.

We did the one in Cozumel and it was GREAT! I would take a stroller....for sure. It covers several miles. Not sure where you will be doing the race, but in Cozumel, it included some steep hills. We did it in June and it was extremely hot. We had those cooling towels with us and they came in handy. You should call and check to see if they will allow a 3 year old. Without giving up the secrets, there is at least one part of the race that I'm not sure would be safe for a 3 year old. They might however, make some sort of accomodation for you. Won't hurt to check. It only takes a couple of hours. You might have the in-laws and 3 year old wait for you at the bar where the race ends?