Priceline - Downtown Fort Lauderdale

AkSusan

I still think priceline.com is a good way to go (with a cancelable back-up in place in case you don't get a winning bid).

From our experiences in FLL I think the best moderately priced hotel is the Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th St. We've had excellent luck there. It's clean, great location and it does include breakfast and free internet. The WORST hotel is the Ramada Inn. We made that mistake before, NEVER again! Don't stay there even if they offer you a free room! It was grungy and everything was broken and all the employees had a "couldn't care less attitude". Amerisuites may fall somewhere in the middle. Some people rave about it and some say they wouldn't stay there again.

We're staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 for the first time in January. We got it on priceline for $135. per night.

I agree that AmeriSuites is a love it or hate it type of place. I think a lot has to do with ones expectations. It's fine for a night, but it's just a budget hotel, nothing more, and a bit worn one at that.

Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center" and Extended Stay America on SE 17th Street are right next door to each other and share a parking lot. They're both very nice, clean, well kept budget hotels in a great location with everything you could want within easy walking distance. They would always be my first choice/recommendation for budget Fort Lauderdale hotels.

I agree with you on Ramada as well and would add BW Marina Inn to that list, it's actually even WORSE IMO :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived