Just Booked Embassy Suites

steff613

Ok here's what I got..... 9 of us March 11, 2 non-smoking rooms (they said very few left). No airport shuttle, but they do have cruiseport shuttle included for 2 per room plus kids under 18 free. Rate was $305.24 per room includes all taxes and cooked to order breakfast for all! Now my question is should we book some kind of transportation from the airport in advance or just take cabs?

But I think I'm going to change it. What can you tell me about Holiday Inn Air/Cruise port? I can get a suite there for half the price, which means another spa treatment or a few more drinks, so if it's clean and not in a really scary part of town i think it would be better for us. What do you think?

Don't change it. The Embassy Suites is a whole lot nicer then the HI Express Air/Sea Port. There is no comparison.

The HIX has no decent restaurants nearby, no shops, its not a great area. Embassy Suites on the other hand offers many restaurants and shops within walking distance. The whole 17th Street area caters to vacationers.

If you want to save some money by going with a Holiday Inn Express, only go with the "Convention Center" one on SE 17th Street... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

But Embassy Suites is a much nicer hotel! Stick with them and you'll be very happy you did! If you make that change to State Road 84 you'll be very sorry.

You do NOT want to be in any of the State Road 84 motels, as Bequia said, it's not a nice area at all, there's nothing to walk to, it's dangerous at night, and it's a lot farther from both the airport and port.

Archived