Britannia Retreat

johnnylad67

Hi, we are booked on B734a in December and want to book the retreat for the 2 weeks. I'm aware that passengers for B734 will be there in the Friday (we arrive on the Saturday) and that possibly the retreat may be fully booked by the time we arrive.

Had anybody had any experience of this at all? Does it get fully booked? I'm aware that it being the Caribbean it might not get fully booked as people will be leaving the shop most days.

Don't really want to miss out but as you know, you can't book before you go which is a bit of a pain!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It does get fully booked as there are only a limited number of places. I think it's just a case of try and see I'm afraid, although someone else may have better information.

Have a wonderful cruise! 😊

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

We joined Britannia on a 2-week cruise at St Lucia in Nov 2016; we had planned in advance to book the Retreat, so I made a point of getting to the Spa desk as soon as we got into our cabin (can't remember if there's an opening time for desk whilst in port or not but I think it was about 5pm) and paid for the whole 2 weeks.

I had to have the entry cards re-validated at Barbados a week later, and I recall that there was a big queue of people at the desk trying to book it, and whilst I was at the desk they sold out, leaving some people in the queue disappointed.

I think the capacity of the Retreat is about 60 in total; I'm guessing they must have a quota of weekly / 2 weekly passes set aside for each embarkation port & day, otherwise those joining the ship at Bridgetown on a Saturday would be at an unfair disadvantage.

• 8 months later...

Just returned from a 15 night trip on Britannia. My wife and I wanted to use the Retreat, so we booked it as soon as we got on board. We were given card numbers 43 and 44. We found out later that they only sold 60 cards in total. You cannot book it online - it has to be done at the Spa Reception on deck 5. We were also advised that no day-passes were sold.

The other thing we encountered was that they tried to charge us £240 each for the 14 days, but I had already downloaded the Retreat PDF document from the P & O web site (Britannia/Life on Board/Spa/Retreat) which clearly states the cost as £400 per couple. If other passengers weren't aware, and we spoke to one couple who definitely were not, then the Spa management could have overcharged by almost £2,500 for the 30 couples that they allowed in.

We found the Retreat was more sunny than shaded - several people were battling to stay out of the sun.

Hope that helps.