Alaskan Cruise

LisaL

Taking an 8 day Cruise May 8 on the Carnival Legend.

Was hoping to go Dog Sledding but looking at Carnivals excursion prices, not sure that is doable for 3. Maybe there is another alternative??

This boat cruises through the Tracy Arm Ford, Stops in Skagway, Juneau, Ketchnikan and Victoria BC, Canada, what are my best bets for excursions?

Thanks All!

Lisa

If you go over to the ports of call boards, you'll find lots of excursion ideas for each of your ports. :)

Enjoy your cruise! We'll be on the Legend in August with the same itinerary as you (except we leave from Seattle). I'll be curious to hear which excursions you chose and if you enjoyed them.

I've been busy planning my own Alaskan vacation. One things for sure, all excursions are expensive however, savings can be found booking directly with companies rather than the ship. Don't fall for the "only cruise tours guarantee to get you back to ship" scare tactic. If your set on Dog Sledding (like myself), we booked directly with Coastal at $599 per person, almost $200 cheaper than a similar Celebrity excursion.

Taking an 8 day Cruise May 8 on the Carnival Legend.

Was hoping to go Dog Sledding but looking at Carnivals excursion prices, not sure that is doable for 3. Maybe there is another alternative??

This boat cruises through the Tracy Arm Ford, Stops in Skagway, Juneau, Ketchnikan and Victoria BC, Canada, what are my best bets for excursions?

Thanks All!

Lisa

I found this from a dog sledding operator:

Our Summer Glacier Dog Sledding runs from May 15th to August 31th. We can not operate any sooner or later due to weather constraints.

In Ketchikan, we are going to see bears, you are too early for that. (Previously, we just walked around the port.)

In Skagway, we rode in a SUV (Beyond Skagway with Becky) into the Yukon & loved it.