coral princess 10 day partial panama canal

carbon

• 3 months later...
When are the formal nights on this itinerary?

Also, how formal are the Formal Nights on this itinerary? Are men expected to wear jacket and ties to dinner in the MDR? I've read things have recently changed on Princess to a more relaxed dress code for men and women.

I can't remember what I wore for dinner on my last cruise with Princess. And I need to pack.

Formal night discussions tend to cause a range of opinions....

On this cruise, my DH wore a suit on formal night. The majority of men probably had suits on. However, we saw enough without jackets, that we decided on our next cruise, DH will just be wearing a collared shirt and tie and nice pants.

Soooo.... I think (at the risk of being flamed), as long as you look 'nice', wear what you feel most comfortable in.

Also, we DID see people being turned away from the dining room who were wearing shorts. We did wear 'nice' jeans on non-formal nights and felt like that was perfectly acceptable.

;)

Also, how formal are the Formal Nights on this itinerary? Are men expected to wear jacket and ties to dinner in the MDR? I've read things have recently changed on Princess to a more relaxed dress code for men and women.

I can't remember what I wore for dinner on my last cruise with Princess. And I need to pack.

I was denied MDR entry because I had neither long sleeves or a jacket on. I had on slacks, short sleeve dress shirt and proper neck tie. They said I needed one or the other, which I did not bring. The gentleman wearing his well worn pants, shirt and tie from the 50s was allowed in. We just went to Horizon Court and enjoyed our evening.