Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter

Jersey1974

Hey everyone!!! Has anyone done the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter? If so, how was the ferry ride to the island??? Since the encounter is only 3.5 hours, did you Hang on the beach for a while before the ferry took you back to the boat??? How was the Encounter overall???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey everyone!!! Has anyone done the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter? If so, how was the ferry ride to the island??? Since the encounter is only 3.5 hours, did you Hang on the beach for a while before the ferry took you back to the boat??? How was the Encounter overall???

We did the BL Dolphin Swim, which was basically the Encounter plus the foot push. It was great. The staff was wonderful and the dolphins incredible.

We did hang out on the beach close to the tender dock... the beach wasn't great, maybe there were other areas on the island where it was better.

The ferry/ tender boat ride was fine, 20-30 mins ago each way. Not bad at all. If you're on a Carnival ship, the tender dock is right there, but if you're on an NCL or RCL ship, you'll have a long walk there and back, but there is a free van shuttle that runs within the Nassau dock area.

We did the BL Dolphin Swim, which was basically the Encounter plus the foot push. It was great. The staff was wonderful and the dolphins incredible.

We did hang out on the beach close to the tender dock... the beach wasn't great, maybe there were other areas on the island where it was better.

The ferry/ tender boat ride was fine, 20-30 mins ago each way. Not bad at all. If you're on a Carnival ship, the tender dock is right there, but if you're on an NCL or RCL ship, you'll have a long walk there and back, but there is a free van shuttle that runs within the Nassau dock area.

Thank you for the tips! Do you feel the swim was worth the extra cost compared to the encounter? Also, does the whole family have to pay the amount? Our two kids want to do the encounter/swim, can my husband and I pay for just them and watch or do we need to pay the full price for the 4 of us since we'll need to take the ferry over etc?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for the tips! Do you feel the swim was worth the extra cost compared to the encounter? Also, does the whole family have to pay the amount? Our two kids want to do the encounter/swim, can my husband and I pay for just them and watch or do we need to pay the full price for the 4 of us since we'll need to take the ferry over etc?

Thanks!

An observer ticket is $49 and needs to be bought on the ship. Our kids did the encounter and it was amazing! I'm not disappointed that we didn't do the swim. They got to spend a good amount of time with the dolphin. They stand in a line with others in the pool and the dolphin goes up and down the line one at a time doing one activity at a time with each person. They fed, danced and hugged and kissed the dolphin. The dolphin trainer was amazing and made it so much fun to watch and do.