Carnival Liberty: Make Right Choice??

KateV

We are cruising for the first time and taking 4 teens with us for their March Break in 2006. I was trying to decide btwn Carnival Liberty or Royal Caribbean. I liked the Liberty for their 6 day cruise and its a newer ship.

Did I make the right choice? I am worried that the teens (17/18/19 yrs) will have enough to do on the Liberty. RC has rock climbing etc. but was more money. I don't want them to be bored...........

How many times can a kid climb the wall??

My kids have sailed royal and carnival. THey had a great time on all their sailings but prefered carnival because of their nightlife.

There will be a teen meeting the first night-- VERY important that the teens head to this meeting...no matter how lame or uncool they think it is.

They will have a great time- especailly since you are cruising during a high peak family time.

How many times can a kid climb the wall??

My kids have sailed royal and carnival. THey had a great time on all their sailings but prefered carnival because of their nightlife.

There will be a teen meeting the first night-- VERY important that the teens head to this meeting...no matter how lame or uncool they think it is.

They will have a great time- especailly since you are cruising during a high peak family time.

I agree - both my kids had more fun on Carnival. I think you're making the right decision-at least in my opinion.

Have fun.

Which week are you planning on sailing? We are on the March 12 cruise, I have an 18yo daughter and my 17yo nephew. We sailed on Royal and Celebrity, Royal was great celebrity didn't have enough for the teens, we are looking forward to trying carnival for the first time.

Which week are you planning on sailing? We are on the March 12 cruise, I have an 18yo daughter and my 17yo nephew. We sailed on Royal and Celebrity, Royal was great celebrity didn't have enough for the teens, we are looking forward to trying carnival for the first time.

If and only if (that's a big IF), the Liberty intends to do Caribbean sailings through the summer in 2007 (which I have a post about (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=254782)- and this is purely speculation 'cause nobody knows for certain), my family would like to go as soon as school is out in May 2007 (usually around the 26th). My kids will be 16 and 11.

Have fun!

Thanks for the pep talk, will be on the Liberty March 12th week. I was second guessing myself since everyone seems to think Royal C is the best way to cruise. Carnival seems to have a great following on this board.

Archived