MSC Opera rescheduled departure? From 4/8/06 transatlanic to 3/18/06.

tony309

Anyone know anything about MSC reschelduling the Opera's April 8th transatlantic departure? I just got word from our "travel agent" that MSC is pulling the Opera from the carribean and placing her in the mediterr early. They want us to either take the Opera transalantic March 18th or take the Lirica transatlantic May 3rd 2006.

MSC does not have any updated information on there website.

Cruise.com says the price will be the same. Still there is the hardship of rescheduling honeymoon and our reservations with Hotels, tours, and trip insurance elct.

Any advice would be helpfull. Thank you!

Tony & Jess

(first time Cruisers)

You could read the thread posted by Host Doug "MSC Cruises expands Europe/Med season" which relates to Opera returning to the Med early.

The Caribbean cruises scheduled for on and after the 18th March are cancelled along with the transatlantic 8th April.

The USA office of MSC is handling this schedule change in the most unprofessional and disastrous way. They are treating passengers and Travel Agents with total contempt. They offer no solutions and are failing to respond to correspondence and even worse failing to make prompt refunds of deposits so that alternative plans can be made.

It is almost like they wished to damage the reputation of the company.

As a TA with folks on these sailings, I can tell you that Czechmate is absolutely correct.

I would request a refund and take your business elsewhere.

As a TA with folks on these sailings, I can tell you that Czechmate is absolutely correct.

I would request a refund and take your business elsewhere.

Can you be more specific about what they are doing (Or not doing) that is unsatisfactory? When I see a negative post from Barry I have to pay attention. What's happening?

Can you be more specific about what they are doing (Or not doing) that is unsatisfactory? When I see a negative post from Barry I have to pay attention. What's happening?

I will be to able to do just that hopefully next week and plan to post my personal experience here, there and everywhere! Unfortunately, I am currently trying to salvage something for my clients affected and just in case this board is monitored by MSC, the timing is all wrong.

Barry is aware of what has been happening, hence his post.

I will be back with a full story later but suffice it to say at this point that I have never in all my years in the business - since 1974 - had such rude and inconsiderate treatment from a cruise line. I used to be a fan but will NEVER recommend or cruise with them again. Sasso should hang his head in shame -although I personally would prefer to see it served up on a platter.

Pass the salt.

CG

Archived