Can we wing it??

canuckof5

Ok, I've read so much and know great people here will help me even if i'm posting in the wrong spot...

So for transportation from FLL airport to Miami Port and then from Miami Port to Hotel in FLL..

Do we NEED to pre-book transportation?? I hear many times "yes" and many times "no"

We will be in no rush coming or going..So should I pre-book? or just wing it?

Its for a family of 5..

Thanks so much

;)

TrentS

Well I called and from the airport yes we can just wing it.. but from the Port they advise pre-booking..

But I know I saw somewhere it was much cheaper.. he quoted $166.00 for 5 of us from Port of Miami to our FLL hotel..

Does that sound right??

Off to find other posts with other transportation lines..

TY

But I know I saw somewhere it was much cheaper.. he quoted $166.00 for 5 of us from Port of Miami to our FLL hotel..

Canuckof5, two options to consider:

1. I've never been a fan of cruise line shuttle buses but in your case it may be more economical. I'd check with your cruise line to see what they're offering.
  2. Rent a vehicle at MIA that will carry 5 plus luggage and drop it off at FLL. It's an easy drive and a number of car rental agencys provide a shuttle from Port of Miami to their rental facility.

Canuckof5, two options to consider:

1. I've never been a fan of cruise line shuttle buses but in your case it may be more economical. I'd check with your cruise line to see what they're offering.
  2. Rent a vehicle at MIA that will carry 5 plus luggage and drop it off at FLL. It's an easy drive and a number of car rental agencys provide a shuttle from Port of Miami to their rental facility.

No Cruise line transfer as we come in a day ahead...we are not keen on renting a vehicle..

know anything about Ace Tours..still need to call them..

Thanks TrentS I contacted them...I also found an email I sent to the other and was quoted :

thank you for your inquiry. From the Port to SE 17th St., the executive sedan is $74.00, with gratuity included...I'm sure that means all 5 of us would fit..

So how the guy I got today on the phone got $166.00 is beyond me..kind of makes me mad. I'll wait and see what Larry Limo says..

Thanks again

I'm thinking perhaps the $166 price was for the round trip... I would check back to see if there was a misunderstanding there.

No, he was very clear that it was Port to FLL airport actually, he said maybe 10.00 cheaper as the Hotel is 10 min from the airport for 5 of us..

I did get a quote from Larrylimo for 126.00 tax & tip, I emailed Wanda at the other to make sure of the original quote was good for 5 of us..

Keep ya posted

Thanks again

When we were stranded in Miami post cruise, we grabbed the first taxi van we saw at the port. They took us from the port to So. Beach for $12 each. (there were 6 of us). Considering how tough it was to get gas, we saw lines at gas stations that went on forever, we thought this was fair. We made arrangements for the same van to pick us up at the hotel the following day and drive us to FLL airport. She arrived on time and brought us to the airport for $18 each. Again, we thought this was very reasonable given the circumstances. Don't know how this fits with usual prices for Miami to FLL but for us, we were more than satisfied. Can't remember the driver's name but she was great. The company was Liccia Tours.

Good morning. Our executive van service from the Port of Miami to

SE 17th St. is $167.00, which includes gratuity. If not explained B4, this

is our meet and greet service with the driver meeting you at the pier with a

will have pleanty of room.

Wanda

So I don't know what to do?? maybe if we grabbed 2 cabs would it work out the same you think to go from the Port of Miami to SE 17th FLL?

I'm not sure what to do:confused:

Tri-County has definitely raised prices. I had looked up shared-ride and private car fares around FLL about a month ago, and I went to the site again yesterday to book, and they went up a bit ($2/pp for shared ride, and about $10 total for a private sedan).

Gasoline has gone up in SoFla as it has in the rest of the country. Everything is going up in price as a result. Pick a firm based on the recommendations and reviews you've read on these boards versus a couple of dollars saved. ;)

Bit of an update,...

So far 2 transportation places won't book us incluing Larry Limos as we don't have a USA cell phone..even after I asked that we could use the pay phone at the Pier...

he said we would have to call the 1-800 number and he couldn't guarantee we would get picked up even if we PRE-PAID!!!

still looking for someone to pick us up...guess we will go with the 167.00 as they didn't state we needed a cell phone..

who knew this would be such a problem getting picked up :confused:

I rode the hertz shuttle to the hertz rental place 0 dollars and then walk 50 feet to the tri-rail Paid 3.00 dollars a person to the FLL. Called the hotel shuttle to come pick us up at the Airport. Total cost From Mia port to Ft Lauderdale hotel for 4 was 12.00 dollars Of course that was alot cheaper then anything else i found.

I rode the hertz shuttle to the hertz rental place 0 dollars and then walk 50 feet to the tri-rail Paid 3.00 dollars a person to the FLL. Called the hotel shuttle to come pick us up at the Airport. Total cost From Mia port to Ft Lauderdale hotel for 4 was 12.00 dollars Of course that was alot cheaper then anything else i found.

Just to clarify, did you catch the Hertz shuttle from the Port of Miami and if so do they just drive around the port or did you have to call? Thanks.

They have 3 or 4 shuttle buses that go back and forth all day long. I do have a resv. just in case i do need a car. Have never needed it yet. Also if you tip the driver he dosn't care if you are just riding the bus. I have rode the bus both ways. to and from the port. Never had to call to get them there. You will see them for sure. Also after I get off tri rail i go into the hertz building and go to the bathroom and then come out and ask which bus take us to the port. They will point it out.

I had the same situation last time I went on a cruise. Here is what I did.

I got off the plane in Ft lauderdale went out side and used share-a ride to my miamihotel for pre cruise nite..The cost was $36 for 2 of us. While on the cruise, I booked the cruise line shuttle to Ft. Lauderdale airport. I believe it was $18 per person. I asked the bus driver to drop me off at the arrival area instead of the departure area.

I entered the airport and called the hotel for their free shutle ride to their hotel. I was instructed where I should wait which is where all the hotel shuttles go for pickups. Worked great.

Archived