Kids Club for an 8 year old questions.

jediyoda9008

Hey all! My DW and I will be taking our 8yo daughter on her first cruise this October (Carnival Fantasy). Can anyone post information on what type of activities they offer in the kids club or maybe even post pictures of some of the kids club schedules for that age range? Thanks!

When families cruise Carnival, even the smallest fish in the pond have a big, awesome time. Okay, so it’s actually way more than just a pond — it’s Camp Ocean. At Camp Ocean, 2–11 year-olds stay busy, keep active and have fun as they enjoy all new ocean-themed activities and entertainment made for kids. We put campers into supervised, age-based groups and give each a cool marine-life label that’s sure to raise the sails on camaraderie at sea. The littlest little ones — ages 2 to 5 —join the Penguin colony and engage in activities like Musical Icebergs and Ocean Bingo… even learning a thing or two about buoyancy! The little-biggers, 6 to 8, are the way-cool Stingrays, who might be found enjoying Pirate Game Night, making sea salt art or even designing their own aquarium. The big fish are the Sharks — ages 9 to 11 — who really sink their teeth into playing Marine Life Trivia, creating a giant ocean mural, and scoring big with games and sports competitions. Our counselors, each with education or childcare experience, are there to make sure everyone in these small groups has an amazing time.

https://www.carnival.com/onboard/camp-ocean

My 8 year old had a blast the last time we sailed on the Pride. Lots of arts and crafts that are ship related. Group play with other kids their age. Movies. She wanted to be there ALL the time! They made up little organized plays, danced, sang. It was all she talked about. Towards the end of the week they had an autograph book that all the "counselors" signed and her new friends. Even if you are unsure if you want to utilize it, sign her up when you do your online check-in. That way no need to worry. She can be there as much or as little as you want her to.

Hey all! My DW and I will be taking our 8yo daughter on her first cruise this October (Carnival Fantasy). Can anyone post information on what type of activities they offer in the kids club or maybe even post pictures of some of the kids club schedules for that age range? Thanks!

Hello,

We were recently on a cruise (different ship than yours, but had a 6 year old, who was in the stingray group 6-8) she will be 7 soon so not like she was just 6. She had a blast! Took a little convincing to get her to go the first time, but after that we had to drag her out in the evening. We pretty much had her with us most of the days, but after or before dinner she wanted to go to camp! They made t-shirts, treasure box's, they sang and danced, she attended a beach party, movie night pj party and many other crafts and fun things! I think she will like it. Our experience with the staff has been awesome, really nice and professional. This was our Granddaughters second cruise and we will be going again next March. Also the Camp is not open the first day, but you can get them registered and I believe there is a flyer with the schedule at camp. We found this easier as she would go through it with us and let us know what things she wanted to do. The other thing I would request a phone, unless the HUB is hooked up on your ship. That way they can call you if need be. I am sure she will have a blast!

I just got off the pride yesterday with an 8yr old boy and 4 yr old girl. Both loved camp carnival! They gave us a schedule for the week with the activities, I'm sure it varies ship to ship. But they had daily themes and did all sorts of things, arts and crafts, games, a volcano making project, dance party, video games etc. My son wasn't sure he would like it because he was in with the 6 to 8 group and he's almost 9, but he ended up making friends and wanted to go. They didn't feed them lunch so we had to pick them up mid day just to eat, but it was fine. They will give them dinner on lido and we did that a few times and it was great. There was l lots to do for kids, they ended up getting more overtired then rested because we were always doing something.

We're going to be cruising in a couple weeks with our 7 year old son, this will be his 5th cruise and he absolutely LOVES the kids camp. We took him on a cruise last July for his birthday and we had to beg him to eat dinner with us the night of his birthday and to go to some of the shows with us.