steam rooms on Coral Princess

erin6494

Good morning all,

I know the newer ships have special steam room facilities for people purchasing spa treatments. Is it that the same way on Coral or are there steam rooms available for anyone to use? I enjoyed relaxing in them prior to dinner on the Golden and am hoping to do the same this time.

Thanks!

Erin

Erin - Unless there has been a change since last spring the Coral is one of the ships that has the steam rooms tucked inside the Lotus Spa and they could only be used before or after a Spa service. Although they are marvelous and include the heated stone loungers it is hardly worth the cost of a massage to just be able to steam. Our entire group was mightly annoyed last year when we could not steam on a daily basis. At that time the staff from the Spa patrolled the area looking for people who might have slipped in and I watched as they rudely threw a couple of gals out. I believe I remember (that's a real chore for me) that someone since then posted you could pay a fee to use them now - but maybe I was just dreaming. If someone does not post a 'yes you can' response, it might be worth checking once you are on board the ship.

Enjoy your cruise, the Coral is a beautiful ship.

Crown '93,Star '94, Regal '95,

Sun '96, Crown '97, Dawn '98,

Dawn '99, Sun 2000, Dawn '01,

Grand '02, Coral '03,Star 6/28/03, Sun 3/10/04, Star 02/27/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2005;2;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Star Princess Sailing

Erin - not on the March '03 cruise I took, it had to be either just before or after treatment and I know that people really complained about it. Our group ended up writing letters to Princess about it. Since the Spa staff neglected to tell me about the "rules of use" for the steam room when I booked and then got a massage I was really annoyed. I had two massages and only learned about the "rules" after the second one. In response to my letter Princess had Steiner send me a letter of apology along with a $100 gift certificate.

All that said, maybe - hopefully it has changed somewhat.

Keep bumping this up on the boards and maybe someone who has sailed the Coral more recently will post a correction to what I encountered.

Crown '93,Star '94, Regal '95,

Sun '96, Crown '97, Dawn '98,

Dawn '99, Sun 2000, Dawn '01,

Grand '02, Coral '03,Star 6/28/03, Sun 3/10/04, Star 02/27/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2005;2;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Star Princess Sailing

I've only been on the Coral and enjoyed the Spa and steam room so much (but only after my spa treatment.) We are traveling on the Golden this July. Can you steam anytime on the Golden?

Archived