Window vs Porthole on Dawn

SantanaTto

I am thinking about booking a guaranteed outside room on the Dawn (Cat. H). Some sites say you get either a porthole or a window. Other sites say you get a porthole...

Has anyone ever booked this guaranteed stateroom Category and what did you wind up with? I am usually happy with an inside room but since there will be 3 of us this trip, I wanted the extra room you get with the outside stateroom.

Also, is the porthole large like the ones that you find in some of the lounges or is it small??

Thanks!

I am thinking about booking a guaranteed outside room on the Dawn (Cat. H). Some sites say you get either a porthole or a window. Other sites say you get a porthole...

Has anyone ever booked this guaranteed stateroom Category and what did you wind up with? I am usually happy with an inside room but since there will be 3 of us this trip, I wanted the extra room you get with the outside stateroom.

Also, is the porthole large like the ones that you find in some of the lounges or is it small??

Thanks!

Unless you are down below deck 4 you'll have a decent size window. Its smalller than the lounges but then again most windows on a oceansuite lower than a balcony will be smaller. Its not the window that makes the difference in the room being large enough. Almost all(I would say all) rooms on the Dawn are ok for 3.

Thanks!

Two problems - there are only 4 cat H cabins on Deck 4 - they in fact have a real porthole - not big and deep. Normaly if you book them as GTD you will end up in a different cat.

The problems they are no bigger the then inside and two as a rule you can not book a GTD with 3 or more to a cabin.

Just got off the Dawn. We had an obstructed view room. Well worth the extra $$ compared to a guaranteed outside. Just remember, you may be on deck 4 in the very front of the ship. Happened to us on the Zenith 3 months ago and the first two nights the waves crashed against our cabin wall. Couldn't fall asleep until 4am.

Archived