August 20, 2017, Caribbean Princess to The British Isles

spoiledprince

Yes. And we're looking for people to share a Toursbylocals to share a trip to Mont St.-Michel. They already have small tours booked, can do more but I hesitate to sign up and get stuck w the full cost. I am looking for private tours in Greenock/Glasgow and Invergordon and Edinburgh also. Ship tours seem expensive for what's offered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Someone pointed out that Princess now offers a more reasonably priced tour...10.5 hours, $149.99 each. In consideration of the distance and not wanting to risk delays back to ship, we booked it.

Yes. And we're looking for people to share a Toursbylocals to share a trip to Mont St.-Michel. They already have small tours booked, can do more but I hesitate to sign up and get stuck w the full cost. I am looking for private tours in Greenock/Glasgow and Invergordon and Edinburgh also. Ship tours seem expensive for what's offered.

We did this cruise last year...It was amazing! But I love the British Isles! We had a great small group tour through Discover Scotland Tours from Glasgow. They met us as the dock in Greenock. We had a mostly lovely tour, but on the return to Greenock there was a horrific accident and Scotland doesn't have a lot of great roads, but our guide managed to get us around the accident by taking little roads and got us back to the ship in time...but then one of the ship's tours didn't get past the accident so the ship was almost 2 hours late getting out of Greenock. Edinburgh is easy enough to walk. We did a walking tour from Edinburgh Castle down the Royal Mile to Holyrood with an inside visit to Holyrood (since we had already been to Edinburgh Castle a few years ago). Invergordon is a tough one if you are hoping to get to Loch Ness because by the time you do trains, buses, taxis, etc., it will be about a wash as far as cost compared to the Princess tour to Loch Ness. We ended up just biting the bullet in Invergordon and doing the Princess tour to Loch Ness. Enjoy!