Booking a "Guaranteed" Cabin

cmjaffe

Has anybody ever booked a "guarantee" cabin with MSC?

If so, what have your experiences been with the cabin assignment.

We're at the 30 day mark (can't wait) and we haven't been assigned yet. We reserved an inside cabin (quad) and are aware it's going to be "cozy", right now it looks like we'll be getting a 2 category upgrade but would like to know our assignment before we leave home.

TIA

Carolyn

Yo Carolyn-

We also booked a 'Guarantee' (SkyAuction) and when our docs arrived about two weeks before the cruise (typical for MSC) - the cabin had been assigned - and it was infact a two cat. upgrade - good room too btw - and a quad (warning - 'cozy' is very PC - 'small' would be much more descriptive)

Mike

Mike,

I'm well aware of my "PC" comments of the inside Quads for Lirica...

expecting it to be "about the same" as inside on RCCL Sovereign etc.

(ie. hold you arms out wide... that's both sides of the cabin lol.. well not quite but almost -- miniscule, itsy bitsy... don't think I'm boarding the ship with high expectations of the size of cabin...). Right now it's more important for us to be "on the ship" and also since we booked with a "high volume agency" w/MSC we're hoping for whatever may be... right now it looks like a Cat 3, but who knows 2 weeks from now... did you actually get docs 2 weeks out?

Yo-

Yup - 2 weeks - was getting kinda 'antsy' but they came - and in a very nice leather holder (ala HAL)-

You are gonna love this ship - especially if you go aboard with a love for european attitude-

Plus - it is extremely tastefully decorated - appointed and CLEAN!!!

btw - is this 'the' agency we talked about?

Happy Cruisin'

Mike

Agency -- yup

I'm not worried at all about the agency end.

I sent them an e-mail, got a response back in 1/2hr (had been out of house so they might have responded earlier)

I also had gotten the same info from MSC, I was able to confirm the booking info with them, though since I booked w/agency I couldn't get any more "specific" info. except that the lowest 2 cats are filled... so it's a wait and see.

I'll keep you posted.

Carolyn

Mike,

I just re-read your post.

I'm glad you stressed CLEAN. I'm aware that MSC gets VERY HIGH marks w/inspection. It's really important to us since last year 3 out of 4 of us got VERY ill on RCCL and 2 years prior I got food poisoning or Norwalk on X-Summit over Xmas (confirmed by CDC) so I'm having my fingers Xssed that we'll make it healthy this time around.. got my flu/pneumonia shot and kids are getting theirs on Wednesday. Starting to get summer things cleaned and will put in suitcase when Mike returns from trip "across the pond" tomorrow night.

Carolyn

I recently sailed on the Lirica in the Mediterranean. It may be different in the Caribbean, but I paid for an outside guaranty at the same rate as the partial view lowest priced outside cabins. I didn't get my cabin assignment until just before I left home (I left four days before the cruise and wanted to try to find out before I got to the dock in Civitavecchia). A few days before I left I asked my agent to check. She said they didn't have it yet. Then the day before (which was about 5 days before sailing) I called the Miami office and got my cabin assignment. I was upgraded to the Bellini Deck. All of the outside cabins with the exception of those with balconys are the same size, so the difference was in the location and the view, but it was a big improvement.

These cabins are very small -- the smallest I've been in and I've sailed on Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Princess. That said, the cabin in very nicely done and everything you need is there. Our cabin attendant, Giri, was the best one I've ever had (and that's saying something!).

I hope you enjoy your cruise. If you run into Giri or Salvatore in the dining room, be sure to say hello from Linda.

Archived