Anyone tried the NEW high speed internet on GA or BA yet?

perditax

I'm referring to the brand new thing they rolled out a few weeks ago, which supposedly can support streaming and VPN. They actually included the Netflix and Hulu logos. See pic on this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52659875&postcount=34

After my last few cruises I swore I'd never give NCL money for internet again (and indeed, on my last GA cruise they gave me a refund because the system was down so often), but I'm really tempted to try this and see if you can actually do anything at all, much less stream video. VPN use would be fantastic. (They were very good at nuking vpn connections in the past.)

Unless someone's actually bought the streaming package in the last week or two on the GA and can say it absolutely doesn't work, I'll probably give it a shot and report back (cruise is in a few weeks).

(Disclaimers: I'm in IT, I'm a tech nerd, and I'm technically curious as to whether they've pulled this off. From what I've read they don't really have the satellite bandwidth to do it. If you feel the need to post that you don't understand why people need internet connectivity on a cruise, let me offer a pre-rebuttal: I don't know why people have to spend their cruise hammered on the booze package. :) You do what you want with your brain on vacation, I'll do the same.)