Viking Baldur Tulips and Windmills

Bill'sBride

We are mid-cruise and Viking is wonderful, as expected. The crew is attentive and helpful. Took the silver spirits package and have tried many great wines! The bartenders are great at finding new wines to try. The weather has been near perfect with only light rain one morning.

Tours have been good. Wish the tour at the palace was a bit longer, we lost a good half hour before entering the palace so people could have a bathroom break. I wish we could have just headed in on our own - once we got to the building the guide left us and said he could not enter with us. There are potties just inside the doors. So get your ticket for the guide and head down the path on your own.

The outdoor museum in Arnhem is really nice, a good excursion. Hoorn is a great town! Loved walking around there and it is a walk off port so easy to do. The home hosted visit was surprisingly nice, had a great fairly young couple and enjoyed their company.

The flowers are beginning to bloom and should be amazing over the next few weeks. So glad to be here, and excited for upcoming ocean cruises we have booked, for more great Viking service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the live update! Ours is only 2 weeks away. Did you get to Keukenhof yet? I'm curious to know what has started to bloom. What have the temperature been like?

Have there been any themed meals on board? While on the our Rhine cruise we had "A Night in Germany" feast that was something to behold! On Paris/Normandy cruise we had a French themed lunch, but not to the magnitude of the German feast.

We will visit Keukenhof on Tuesday. They say that the flowers are beginning to bloom, and will be in peak state in about 2 weeks so you should be good. Weather has been mostly sunny and upper 60s. Today is a bit cooler in the 50s. No themed nights, but everything has been delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

CEV426, there was a themed dinner last night. A man had a herring station set up wth his son while we were in Ghent, and he had samples for a few hours. The theme dinner was a buffet and the brought out an appetizer plate first with the buffet items to taste before going up. However, it was not well explained and some people just went up before they seemed to be ready. But in the end all was well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app