When are the "chic" nights on Reflection Mediterranean cruise?

MacThespian

We're booked on Reflection beginning July 31, RT Rome, after a fairly long hiatus from the line. Formal nights are now apparently chic nights. But the thing I remember is that the fancier meals in the MDR on Celebrity (lobster, prime rib) were served on the formal nights. Is this still the case?

I'm thinking of pre-booking some of the specialty restaurants, but don't want to miss these "fancy" meals in the MDR. Does anyone know which nights of the 11 night cruise they would be served on? There aren't a lot of sea days (where the formal nights tended to be on our prior cruises).

Thanks.

Look for evenings close to the beginning or end when the ship leaves early. We were on one (back when formal was still formal) and it was Naples, a real pain because we had both early dining and a long all-day tour. It was "hit the ship running" to make it in time. No pre-dinner drink, if I recall correctly. It is all guesswork since I believe (though could be wrong, it could be rumor) that the Captain (Master of the ship) makes the call for which evenings are which.

I also believe you can pre-book and then go in as soon as you know (embarkation notice maybe?) and change your bookings.

Beth

• 3 weeks later...

We're on Reflection out of Rome on Friday, 9th June to Italian & Greek Isles.

We have two at sea days on the cruise, the first Chic Night should be on the Monday night, we leave Valetta, Malta on the Sunday sailing to Mykonos. The second should be after we leave Athens for Naples when we have the other at sea day. Hope this helps.

Mary