Suites on Vision of the Seas

Hi...new to this board and have a question.

I have a GS booked on Freedom sailing 9/3/05. An OS is available for a sailing the end of November. Help me decide please!

Stay where we are or go for the OS. Also I have heard of a lounge if you book a suite. Do any of these perks apply to a GS or just an OS.

Thank you,

Pat

Hi Pat and welcome. Most of the information you seek can be found if you read above. Some of the links take you web shots of both the GS and OS, but on Vision Class vessels. All of the perks that come with the suites start with the GS. Speaking for myself, I'm taking the kids (3 of them) this cruise, so I need the extra room that the OS offers. Mut my wife and I have sailed on Monarch in the past (alone, without the kids) and the GS was perfect for us. It depends what your doing (entertaining guest or sleeping more than two) on your cruise to go from the GS to OS. If your like me and have three younger kids, you might need the extra room. If not, you will probably perfer the GS. Like one of the others said above, I too like having the bed next to the window. It's sure nice on warm nights to have a fresh sea breeze coming into your room.

Hope this helps you decide.

Fair Winds and following Seas.

Hi...new to this board and have a question.

I have a GS booked on Freedom sailing 9/3/05. An OS is available for a sailing the end of November. Help me decide please!

Stay where we are or go for the OS. Also I have heard of a lounge if you book a suite. Do any of these perks apply to a GS or just an OS.

Thank you,

Pat

Hi Pat and welcome. Most of the information you seek can be found if you read above. Some of the links take you web shots of both the GS and OS, but on Vision Class vessels. All of the perks that come with the suites start with the GS. Speaking for myself, I'm taking the kids (3 of them) this cruise, so I need the extra room that the OS offers. Mut my wife and I have sailed on Monarch in the past (alone, without the kids) and the GS was perfect for us. It depends what your doing (entertaining guest or sleeping more than two) on your cruise to go from the GS to OS. If your like me and have three younger kids, you might need the extra room. If not, you will probably perfer the GS. Like one of the others said above, I too like having the bed next to the window. It's sure nice on warm nights to have a fresh sea breeze coming into your room.

Hope this helps you decide.

Fair Winds and following Seas.

Tony, great web site for the pictures of the OS.

But we hope you will still take some and then share them with us.

It's my understanding that cabin #8000, which is the one we reserved is a great cabin, Hopefully we won't be disapointed.

Rick,

I think you had some great advice for your DW, "Just go with the flow"

Best advice for anyone on vacation, regardless of whats happening..

Tony, great web site for the pictures of the OS.

But we hope you will still take some and then share them with us.

It's my understanding that cabin #8000, which is the one we reserved is a great cabin, Hopefully we won't be disapointed.

Rick,

I think you had some great advice for your DW, "Just go with the flow"

Best advice for anyone on vacation, regardless of whats happening..

Dale & Evelyn. No worries and yes, since were both in the same suite (#8000), I'll take a bunch of photo's for you and I'll share anything else I find out during my cruise. Thanks.

Dale & Evelyn. No worries and yes, since were both in the same suite (#8000), I'll take a bunch of photo's for you and I'll share anything else I find out during my cruise. Thanks.

Tony,

Thanks a bunch. I am most interested in the service level that suite pasengers receive, as well as the suite itself, We spend alot of time in our suite and on the balcony . My wife love when she get added perks from a vacation.

Dale

Dale,

You can definitely expect a higher level of service for staying in the suite. From our conversations with the stewards, it's the ones with the highest ratings and that have received customer appreciation letters that are "rewarded" with servicing the RS and OS.

We have always received great service when being in the OS or RS. Our first RCI cruise was on the Monarch in an OS. First night at dinner, the head waiter stopped by to ask how we liked our suite. It was obvious that he was giving us more attention than the tables around us - enough so that one of the people next to us asked if I was on the RCI board of directors or something!

We also seemed to get preferential treatment by our waiter and asst. waiter - our order was always taken first, meals delivered first, etc. This might have been from pre-tipping the first night, I don't really know. I think some of it has to do with how you treat them too. We tip some on the first night and include a phone card - as a personal touch. Once an asst waitress actually cried on receiving the phone card - and many hugs were received.

After travelling Carnival, our first RCI experience on the Monarch made us switch lines - and it was mostly because of the people and service.

We also spend a LOT of time in our suite and a lot of time on the balcony - we'd much rather be there than the public areas outside.

It's interesting the folks writing in about the Captain's table. This will be our 5th cruise in a year (all in OS/RS) - but we've not been invited yet. Maybe in January. One person had written in on another board that they were invited to the bridge for a sail-away from St Martin while on the Mariner - I would LOVE that, being an boating/aviation and tech freak.

I'm looking forward to Tony's (Deputy4u) pictures - and I guess we're the next ones up after that. We'll definitely post after our trip.

Larry,

Are you in OS on the Vision ?

I would love to hear you coments on it also,

We spend a fair amount of time in the suite, As the ship is our dest.

We have sailed the Mexican Rev. 4 times, The ports are ok, But we prefer to spend more time on the ship than in the ports. Besides being residents of CA. helps as we dont need to spend a day flying to Fla. Just a quick 4 hour drive and were there. WE have sailed on Carnival in suites and had to ask ourselves why we spent what we did ? As the service never reflected being in a suite. On princess we were shocked that the employees were as rude as they were, Hence for this cruise we have chosen RCCL. From what I am reading RCCL does a great job in customer service while on the ship.

I like you, would jump at the chance to watch sail away from the bridge. Talk about an adventure, I am one who loves to learn all about the "workings" And watching the course take place would be very interesting. to say the least.

Do you know if RCCL has tables for 2 in the D.R. ?

Wife and I love to injoy Romantic dinners for two atleast one or 2 nights while sailing ?

Dale

Larry,

Are you in OS on the Vision ?

I would love to hear you coments on it also,

We spend a fair amount of time in the suite, As the ship is our dest.

We have sailed the Mexican Rev. 4 times, The ports are ok, But we prefer to spend more time on the ship than in the ports. Besides being residents of CA. helps as we dont need to spend a day flying to Fla. Just a quick 4 hour drive and were there. WE have sailed on Carnival in suites and had to ask ourselves why we spent what we did ? As the service never reflected being in a suite. On princess we were shocked that the employees were as rude as they were, Hence for this cruise we have chosen RCCL. From what I am reading RCCL does a great job in customer service while on the ship.

I like you, would jump at the chance to watch sail away from the bridge. Talk about an adventure, I am one who loves to learn all about the "workings" And watching the course take place would be very interesting. to say the least.

Do you know if RCCL has tables for 2 in the D.R. ?

Wife and I love to injoy Romantic dinners for two atleast one or 2 nights while sailing ?

Dale

Hey Dale. Just a comment on the dinner or dining for two. My wife and I tried it on our last Monarch OTS cruise. No such luck. The closest we could get or they would accommodate was a table for four. The couple we sat with was hoot though, so we enjoyed dining each night. But if you and the wife just need that special time away, may I suggest dining in the room or on your balcony. You can order from the dinner menu and have the same things in your room that you would in the dining room, plus you can have a candle or two or ten.

Larry,

Are you in OS on the Vision ?.......

Do you know if RCCL has tables for 2 in the D.R. ?.

Dale

Dale,

Yes, we are in 8000 - same as you.

There are tables for 2. We've had better luck than than Tony - and have gotten a table for 2 on all 4 trips so far - assume we will on Vision too. We were told it was because we were in the OS.

In 8000, you are only a few feet from the bridge extension (which is not enclosed) and should be able to watch them maneuver from a steering station there. We've even talked with the crew several times while doing this on Monarch.

On some RCI ships (the Mariner, for instance), there's an observation deck over and looking into the bridge. There's diagrams that explain some of the displays and navigation equipment. It was very cool.

Larry

Tony,

Do I understand it correctly, One is able to order off the Dinning room menu,

All carnival and princess offers are cold sands, and cookies...

Larry,

I didnt realize that were that close to the bridge action, Things like that are awsome to me, My wife could care less. But

I thought we were farther away from it,

The RCCL brocher isn't real clear from the deck plans.

If all the info that we have received from this board is correct, Sounds like

RCCL may be a better product overall vrs. CArnival & Princess.

If we unable to have a table for two, One for four is fine, As meeting new and interesting people is great. I am still hopping for some quiet time with my DW. With such hetic jobs, Time away on the ocean together is just so special for us.

Dale

RCL does have two tops on some ships. Friends we cruise with quite often always request a table for two. Keep in mind that sometimes these tables are in less desirable locations and given to wait staff that are in training. Just what our friends have told us.

By all means you can order off the dinner menu for dining in your suite. Just call room service and they will bring you a copy of that evenings menu. Really, anything you want is pretty much available. We like to do breakfast on the balcony and they will deliver eggs benedict, omelets, whatever. Just don't bring real candles. They are not allowed. Some bring the battery type, which are okay.

You can easily see a lot of the bridge activity from your cabin (and they can see you!). We were docked overnight in Honolulu. DH and I had a few Baileys and there was a really good band playing on the pier. It was a lovely night and we were in our pajamas on our balcony dancing away. We look over and here is the Captain waving to us!

Tony,

Do I understand it correctly, One is able to order off the Dinning room menu,

All carnival and princess offers are cold sands, and cookies...

Larry,

I didnt realize that were that close to the bridge action, Things like that are awsome to me, My wife could care less. But

I thought we were farther away from it,

The RCCL brocher isn't real clear from the deck plans.

If all the info that we have received from this board is correct, Sounds like

RCCL may be a better product overall vrs. CArnival & Princess.

If we unable to have a table for two, One for four is fine, As meeting new and interesting people is great. I am still hopping for some quiet time with my DW. With such hetic jobs, Time away on the ocean together is just so special for us.

Dale

Hi Dale. Sally's got it. When I sailed in the 80's on RCCL Song Ship's, it used to be just that for room service. Cold cuts, cold sandwiches, cold cheese, etc... Those days are long gone on RCCL. You can pretty much name it, and you got it, especially in GS's and above. Also, if you would like to see a outside photo of #8000 from the dock in PV, let me know and I'll email you a copy. The photo shows how close #8000's balcony is to the port side bridge wing.

PS, Sally's right about the candles. I bring the little coleman, battery operated, pop up lanterns (storm tent lantern). The balcony at night is pretty dark.

Hi Dale. Sally's got it. When I sailed in the 80's on RCCL Song Ship's, it used to be just that for room service. Cold cuts, cold sandwiches, cold cheese, etc... Those days are long gone on RCCL. You can pretty much name it, and you got it, especially in GS's and above. Also, if you would like to see a outside photo of #8000 from the dock in PV, let me know and I'll email you a copy. The photo shows how close #8000's balcony is to the port side bridge wing.

PS, Sally's right about the candles. I bring the little coleman, battery operated, pop up lanterns (storm tent lantern). The balcony at night is pretty dark.

Tony,

The picture would be great, you can e-mail me at daleu@sbcglobal.net

Sally, thanks for the great info. As for the candles, when i read the post i has already thought of the battery orp. type.

An open flam on a balcony of a ship at sea is not for us. Flowers and a good meal work for us.

Dale

Great pictures of the ship.

Question i have is ,

With this being our first RCCL cruise and we or in an owners suite, Do we still receive 2 cruise credits. Or do we only receive 1 with this being our first cruise with RCCL, And than on future cruises in a Grand suite or higher we receive 2.

Dale

Question i have is ,

With this being our first RCCL cruise and we or in an owners suite, Do we still receive 2 cruise credits. Or do we only receive 1 with this being our first cruise with RCCL, And than on future cruises in a Grand suite or higher we receive 2.

Dale

Dale,

You will both get 2 credits when you join after your first cruise.

Question i have is ,

Dale

Dale,

You will both get 2 credits when you join after your first cruise.

10) On the Vision, the OSs are way in front, very little traffic in the hallways.

One thing we've found on the RCI suites - we end up spending a LOT of time in the room and on the balcony. We'll hang out there instead of the pool area.

capnlars (and other Vision Owner's Suite veterans),

It's obvious that the cabin itself is fantastic! None of you have mentioned the noise from above the Owner's Suites. Has it not been a problem?

Thanks, in advance!

Tony, I would interested in seeing the pictures as we have the cabin next to yours on the GOS not the VOS but still the same ship....If 8000 is still open I may change as I know my DH would love to see what the bridge sees....Send me any pics that you have. Thanks in Advance and Happy Sailing!!!!!!:D :D

DEBBIE

mamatrouble2003@yahoo.com

lkbouchard, we never heard a sound in 8002 and 8018(GS) on the Vision. Only really noisy cabin we have ever had was a JS (1086) on the Serenade. It was right under a tiled portion of the Windjammer. It was like thunder when the service carts rolled over the tiles.

We have been in an owners suite on the Vision of hte Seas and really enjoyed it. The bathroom is something special!!! We got food goodies on the formal nights. Softdrinks and wine were complimentory in the cabin. We also received a fruit basket on debarkation day. It was very nice and you will enjoy it. Oh, you will have a DVD and Boise music system system in the living room. Wrap around sofa. Cusioned lounge chairs on the balcony. And two larger than normal TVs. I think they were 36 inches, can't remember for sure.

Mike

We had a OS last holiday time on Vision. We did not have complimentary soft drinks and wine in the suite. Not that it wasn't nice, but we were not offered these perks.

We had a OS last holiday time on Vision. We did not have complimentary soft drinks and wine in the suite. Not that it wasn't nice, but we were not offered these perks.

We are Diamond members, wonder if that made a difference? This was in October of 2003.

Mike

Tony, I would interested in seeing the pictures as we have the cabin next to yours on the GOS not the VOS but still the same ship....If 8000 is still open I may change as I know my DH would love to see what the bridge sees....Send me any pics that you have. Thanks in Advance and Happy Sailing!!!!!!:D :D

DEBBIE

mamatrouble2003@yahoo.com

Debbie. If you go back to my post #4 on this same thread, you will find three hyperlinks. Two of the links take you to an OS on a Vision Class vessel. Look under "our suite" in the pictures.

Hope that helps.

Archived