Cabins after final payment

DebbieMo

Today is final payment for our sailing in June on Splendor. From your experience, have you noticed any changes in available cabins or pricing after final payment? This is only our 2nd cruise so I'm trying to find out what we can expect to see, if anything. Any patterns at all after the final payment date?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Today is final payment for our sailing in June on Splendor. From your experience, have you noticed any changes in available cabins or pricing after final payment? This is only our 2nd cruise so I'm trying to find out what we can expect to see, if anything. Any patterns at all after the final payment date?

My current cruise has decreased availability and increased cost.

Been on cruises where the cabin rate has jumped up or down dramatically after final payment, also have been on cruises where it stayed nearly the same right up until it was sold out.

So it is a real toss up, but if you have Early Saver it can be worth your time to check the booking engine at least once a day.

Our best "save" was going from an Empress Deck interior on the Dream to a Cloud 9 Spa interior with about $80 in OBC to boot.

Our best "thankfully we booked when we did" was a Interior w/ French doors on the Pride, last year, because the price increased even before final payment date (by then the category was sold out) to $300 more per person then we paid.

In the days just after final payment you might find a more desirable location. Often time folks will book with those wonderful reduced deposits. Life gets in the way and they are not able to finalize payments. Those rooms return to inventory. Regarding prices, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Almost all of my cruises have been booked early saver so I am always checking prices. Even those not booked ES I tend to check frequently to possibly upgrade. Sometimes they continue to climb other time they drop to encourage bookings.

I recently was able to move staterooms on the Splendor from 9197 Scenic Ocean View 6K to 9201 Scenic Grand Ocean View 6K at no additional cost. I kept reading about price drops but knew my category 6K was long since sold out. I was checking to see how much more for a balcony. ---Morale of my story, you never know what you will find when you check a booking.

Been on cruises where the cabin rate has jumped up or down dramatically after final payment, also have been on cruises where it stayed nearly the same right up until it was sold out.

So it is a real toss up, but if you have Early Saver it can be worth your time to check the booking engine at least once a day.

Our best "save" was going from an Empress Deck interior on the Dream to a Cloud 9 Spa interior with about $80 in OBC to boot.

Our best "thankfully we booked when we did" was a Interior w/ French doors on the Pride, last year, because the price increased even before final payment date (by then the category was sold out) to $300 more per person then we paid.

We did book early saver so I will definitely keep checking! You got good deals!!

In the days just after final payment you might find a more desirable location. Often time folks will book with those wonderful reduced deposits. Life gets in the way and they are not able to finalize payments. Those rooms return to inventory. Regarding prices, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Almost all of my cruises have been booked early saver so I am always checking prices. Even those not booked ES I tend to check frequently to possibly upgrade. Sometimes they continue to climb other time they drop to encourage bookings.

I recently was able to move staterooms on the Splendor from 9197 Scenic Ocean View 6K to 9201 Scenic Grand Ocean View 6K at no additional cost. I kept reading about price drops but knew my category 6K was long since sold out. I was checking to see how much more for a balcony. ---Morale of my story, you never know what you will find when you check a booking.

Would love to get a scenic OV. Currently booked OV on deck 2 but if we could get a balcony on a higher deck for even a little more I would jump on it. We would need 2 side by side though which I know will be tough.

OV price went up already from this morning.

How soon after final payment did you notice changes?

Would love to get a scenic OV. Currently booked OV on deck 2 but if we could get a balcony on a higher deck for even a little more I would jump on it. We would need 2 side by side though which I know will be tough.

OV price went up already from this morning.

How soon after final payment did you notice changes?

Sorry for the confusion. It wasn't the Splendor last May but rather for the upcoming in January of 2018. I made the change on February 22, 2017 so about 11 months before the cruise, 8 months prior to final payment. My point was you just never know what you will find. Always check the categories above you and the room types as well. You are going to love the Splendor but she is very pink.

Sorry for the confusion. It wasn't the Splendor last May but rather for the upcoming in January of 2018. I made the change on February 22, 2017 so about 11 months before the cruise, 8 months prior to final payment. My point was you just never know what you will find. Always check the categories above you and the room types as well. You are going to love the Splendor but she is very pink.

Thanks I will and I do like pink [emoji3].

My family harbor OV is now $800 per person more than I paid a year ago for a cruise in July. I always have to book early to get a handicapped room so I never get to hold out too much hope for a bargain.

Edited by isaiahsnana
more info

My family harbor OV is now $800 per person more than I paid a year ago for a cruise in July. I always have to book early to get a handicapped room so I never get to hold out too much hope for a bargain.

Wow! I wish we could book a yr ahead but hubby has to put in for vacation in January for the current yr. I think I will book one a yr out past guest so we can get a good cabin location and hopefully a good price and just make changes if he doesn't get the dates we choose.