Carnival Shore Excursion Pricing

Revdoll

We have cruises booked for May on the Valor and a partial Panama Canal cruise in April 2018. I've been looking at the shore excursions for both trips and it seems the prices are really out of control. Most excursion are almost $100 or more now, with having five people on the cruise it adds up really quick. It is conceivable that I could spend $1500 for excursions on a three port cruise. That's more than half of what I paid for the May cruise. We have booked excursions through third parties before and most of the excursions were really good. Although we've had a few that did not live up to its billing and a couple of times we ended up on some sketchy excursions. Sometimes we like having the security of a carnival excursion especially if we are going a long ways to visit a ruin or not get back until late. It seems that carnival is pricing their shore excursions beyond what most people can or should pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I tend to agree. In most ports, I've gotten comfortable booking my own or just winging it. But in Jamaica, for example, I feel more comfortable booking it through the line.

Best I can tell, the significant advantage is that the ship will not leave you if the excursion runs late.

I tend to agree. In most ports, I've gotten comfortable booking my own or just winging it. But in Jamaica, for example, I feel more comfortable booking it through the line.

Best I can tell, the significant advantage is that the ship will not leave you if the excursion runs late.

Yes Jamaica was one of the Sketchy excursions we went on, won't do that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app