FTTF Question

If someone who cancels loses their FTTF, or fails to pay the balance before their final payment date it may be returned to purchase. They also select how many FTTF bookings are available based on capacity controlled numbers and based on the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the cruise.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

If someone who cancels loses their FTTF, or fails to pay the balance before their final payment date it may be returned to purchase. They also select how many FTTF bookings are available based on capacity controlled numbers and based on the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the cruise.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thank you!!

It completely varies for when it will open up! We sail in the beginning of July on the Breeze and fttf has not been available (marked sold out) since we booked in November. I'm hoping some spots will open up after the final payments are due.

2 summers ago, we sailed on the Triumph on a last minute cruise (booked 3 weeks out). FTTF was available right away on that one for us.

It completely varies for when it will open up! We sail in the beginning of July on the Breeze and fttf has not been available (marked sold out) since we booked in November. I'm hoping some spots will open up after the final payments are due.

2 summers ago, we sailed on the Triumph on a last minute cruise (booked 3 weeks out). FTTF was available right away on that one for us.

I just checked when the last payments are due and set a reminder on my calendar!! :D

Is it common for them to become available again? I sail at the end of August?

I saw FTTF get sold out and then come back three times for our Conquest cruise last July. I could have bought it when I booked the cruise last March but didn't know what it was. Then I started reading CC and read about FTTF and decided I wanted it and went to buy it but it was sold out. So, like Wheatie59 suggested, I kept a browser tab open to the excursions page and refreshed periodically and a few weeks later it became available. I got it at 3am one weekend and it was sold out again by the next day.

But I kept checking because it was our first cruise and I was excitedly reading the Carnival site and Cruise Critic every day anyway and I figured I could alert roll call members and others if I saw it. It came and went 2 more times I saw after that.

Now we're exactly 1 year from our next cruise and I still read here and at Carnival most every day lol. It seems I like this cruisin' business.

OH I forgot to add, I actually called Carnival after it first sold out and I couldn't get it and asked them the same question from your OP. They said they used to have a mailing list to notify when it went back on sale as cancellations happen (and I think they hold some back anyway just to see how many plats and diamonds book) but it would happen too often that people were getting disappointed when they got notified and didn't get there quick enough OR they never got notified because it never went back on sale and being on a waiting list gave people unrealistic expectations that it would go back on sale and it was just easier to not have a list and advise people to check on their own. Also they'd have to task people to manage a list that could be doing other things I reckon.

Edited by originalgeek

Be VIGILANT about checking. If you get up in the middle of the night to pee, CHECK IT!!!!:')

Chances are more will open up. Good Luck!!!!

P.S. We've always gotten lucky, but I would also check every hour at work and at home.

Keep us posted!

Yes by all means spend hours and hours checking so you can have the privilege of paying $60 to save 15 minutes at the port

Hit the nail on the head....[emoji23]

Multiple browsers open that refresh screen, the FTTF lemmings spend more time searching for it than they did researching booking the cruise. They do realize you are actually allowed to cruise WITHOUT FTTF, right? [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for all the tips!! Sounds like I am going to have to refresh a lot!

Are you on your cruises roll call? Sometimes someone on there will catch it and post faster than you see it. Good luck! Hope you are able to get it soon.