Excursion Disappeared NCL site

st3ph888

Hello, quick question regarding NCL excursion bookings. I had been looking at a specific excursion for my upcoming cruise. Today, I went on the site and it's no longer there. Can some of you NCL experts advise, does this mean it's full or is it not being offered any longer?

When I've cruised other lines, typically the excursion stays listed on the site but it is marked as "sold out" or that you can join the wait-list.

Thanks in advance!

It could be either or. Although NCL changes providers occasionally, it is more likely that the excursion is sold out, especially if your trip is drawing near.

Don't fret, however. If it is sold out online, there's a good chance that it would be available to book on the ship--as they holdback space for this purpose.

To be safe, you might want to book your #2 choice now and see if your #1 choice is available after you board. If so, you could cancel #2 for #1.

I've noticed the NCL site can be wonky. I had excursions disappear and reappear on my upcoming cruise so keep checking but you should be able to book it once you board if it doesn't come back online before then.

Don't fret, however. If it is sold out online, there's a good chance that it would be available to book on the ship--as they holdback space for this purpose.

No, with excursions they do not. An excursion really can sell out online so that there is absolutely no availability for onboard bookings.

Some excursions just are limited by nature and they simply can't add more slots when the demand is high (for example helicopter rides, cabanas on GSC, etc).

I've witnessed Cabanas on GSC selling out months before the cruise and those booking the cruise or their excursions last minute were out of luck.

No, with excursions they do not. An excursion really can sell out online so that there is absolutely no availability for onboard bookings.

Some excursions just are limited by nature and they simply can't add more slots when the demand is high (for example helicopter rides, cabanas on GSC, etc).

I've witnessed Cabanas on GSC selling out months before the cruise and those booking the cruise or their excursions last minute were out of luck.

Thanks for your input, but we were not discussing cabanas or helicopters.

Inventory for regular excursions is held back in some instsnaces. We have booked excursions on the ship that were not available online prior to departure. In certain circumstances, like bus excursions, extra buses can be brought in if demand is high.

Alas, the contrary is also true. We have had pre-booked excursions cancelled on us at the last minute for failing to reach required minimum capacity.