Gamma

MicheleLM

We are wet, wet, wet. No damage per say, just a lot of rain. Please pack rain jackets when visiting this time of the year. I can tell you we're all praying for some sunshine this week... 3 systems passing in 6 weeks, and this latest one just sitting dormant above us and weakening...

Best wishes and thanks for thinking of us

I.D.

Island Dweller,

Thanks for reassuring us that Roatan is ok. I heard on the news this morning that there was a lot of flooding in Honduras and several had died in the storm, but no specifics as to where. Having visited there this past January, I was concerned about your beautiful area and people. I am glad to now hear that you are ok. I hope this marks the end of a very bad season for the people of the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean.

Dee

Most of the flooding, broken bridges and mudslides reported on CNN and on MSNBC were on the North Coast of the mainland. There were trees down and minor flooding here on Roatan. Still blustery today (Monday) with sporadic showers.

As I said before, I hope the sun will return this week!!

Island Dweller - we were on the Sun Thursday in Roatan while it was raining. Our guide - Juan Carlos Rodriguez - was so gracious to take us around in the rain. I realized November was considered rainy season, but became alittle concerned when the power went out that afternoon. We didn't find out until we set sail (in 12-18 ft seas) that there was actually a "system" off the coast. I worried about you the rest of the trip. To think we had just left there!

Glad to hear that Roatan was spared the extensive damage.

K

Well thank you on behalf of Juan Carlos, Roatan Islanders and myself for venturing off the ship. I know it's not that much fun, but we sure do appreciate it. I felt for you all as I travelled home on Thursday evening and saw you still at the dock, as it was pouring down!

Hopefully you'll return one day again, and see the islands and the reef in all their glory.

Cheers.

I.D.

We are wet, wet, wet. No damage per say, just a lot of rain. Please pack rain jackets when visiting this time of the year. I can tell you we're all praying for some sunshine this week... 3 systems passing in 6 weeks, and this latest one just sitting dormant above us and weakening...

Best wishes and thanks for thinking of us

I.D.

So I should pack a rain jackets for our December 15th visit too!?:eek:

Archived