Cave of Wonders with private company

kasil

Carnival offers a four hour excursion to Altos de Chavon and the Cave of Wonders for about $60. I am interested primarily in the caves and I'd rather go with a private company but I can't find anyone who goes there. Any suggestions? I am open to seeing other places too, but the caves are my number one choice. It will be just me and my husband.

• 1 year later...

We took this tour thru Carnival last year and we all agreed it was one of the worst tours we have ever been on. The ruins were pretty much all man made reproductions and the Caves of Wonder had cave drawings that appeared to be drawn by the locals to attract tourists. My wife who is Honduran was laughing her head off at how the "gringos" will buy anything and the Dominicans simply spray painted drawings inside a cave so they could charge the tourists to see ancient cave drawings. Regardless... the tour was a bit long with the young people being quite bored. Would not do this tour again even if it was only $20.