B1-B4 - Where are they located?

NBCNewsGuy

Someone posted this site somewhere.

I am not sure if this is 100% up to date,

but it gives you a better idea, by cabin number. Deck 8 is the obstructed view cabins. The lifeboats hang down in front of those balconies.

http://www.deluxecruises.com/cunard/queen_mary_2/deck_plans.htm

Give it a whirl.

See you in 6 weeks!

Karie in CT

We were in a B4 (deck 5 in the 2005 brochure deck 4 in the 2006) cabin recently and it is below the lifeboats with an in hull balcony!! The cabins with the lifeboat restriction are a B6 I think!! B1 & B2 are above the lifeboats and B3 - B4 are below the lifeboats. B6 are the obstructed view cabins. I don't know if your doing a cruise around the caribbean or a transatlantic crossing, but the in hull balcony was IMO the best option for a transatlantic crossing. Plenty of shelter from the weather!!!!! Also on one day when it was quite windy on deck, but sunny we managed to get a bit of a sun tan out of the nippy wind!!

Elaine

Well, yes and no!

A guaranty does just that- It guarantees you a minimum of what you paid for. Usually you don't get your assignement until maybe a week before sailing in that case. My very first cruise, On the Cunard Crown Jewel, I took a guaranty Inside Cabin. What that meant was, if they filled all of the inside cabins, I got bumped up to an outside! Which I did! Two deck,outside with a porthole,. which in that ship meant I was in an odd shaped room, due to the curvature of the bow. It was a pretty cool cabin! We loved it!

With a guaranty, you would pay less than you would to just book that level, and at the discretion of the line, you could get moved to a much higher category! That way, they have the leeway to move you around if they sell a lot more of a certain cabin.

On the other hand, (was a glove!) No- OTOH, when you booked, they may have asked you if you would accept an upgrade if one is offered. I was asked that. I said yes. Some don't want to upgrade because they want a specific room or type of room, or location. So it is always possible you could get upgraded.

So where is your cabin? (You don't have to tell the exact cabin number if you are uncomfortable with that)

How many previous cruises have you done? You said you and Justin did a Bermuda cruise this year? That's one place I have not yet been.

I can tell you're getting excited. Me too! Don't be afraid to ask questions. You can't be as experienced as some of us here- just because of your relatively young age! Your enthusiasm is catching! And it reminds me of the wonder (and the questions) I had on my first couple. It takes a lot to make me jaded! It's too exciting to be otherwise!

And if you want to ask questions that you aren't comfortable posting to the list, feel free to B/C me! parrothead-av8r@mindspring.com is my regular email addy.

Archived