Passport Needed?

Passport requirement was unfortunately pushed back another year. You now need a passport if you're going away after Jan. 1, 2008. Regardless of this I would suggest getting a passport now to avoid the rush. Not to mention, this rule could be changed again to a sooner date. Also, some countries can and may require passports for anyone visiting them. Barbados has been this way for years.

I've been trying to get DH to get passport for the past 2 years. Finally he realized that he had to have one before we sailed next May and I wasn't going to tell him that it's postponed for another year. He went today and finally applied.

Debbie

I convinced my DH that he needed a passport last year as we were visiting Barbados. The fact was, he didn't, but he has one now and it's good for the next nine years. Cruiseship passengers are not required to have a passport at this time (we are considered "in transit"), but anyone planning a visit longer than a few hours stop from a cruiseship is required to have one.

The whims of various governments are unpredictable. Get the passports now and save yourself some major problems later.

Archived