Recommendation for strapless bra

mrsbunder

Travel-to-go, I feel your prednisone pain! I am on a long term, low dose of prednisone and it is amazing how the weight gain hits right in the belly...above my waist...so it is VERY uncomfortable! I tried a tankini swimsuit on my last cruise and all it did was roll right up! So embarrassing! Wish I could help with your bra dilemna...I think they are designed by men...:rolleyes:
One of the biggest problems I have with Prednisone waist is I have no waistline! It is difficult for me to wear slacks. They either have a crotch down to my knees, or fall down, since there is nothing to hold them up, or I've got "old-man waistband!" up under my armpits! <LOL> What a lovely sight! And of course, if I get a size that goes around my belly, the thighs look like clown pants! I even asked my plastic surgeon if he could "fashion" me a waist- Nope, I couldn't even have lipo, as the fat is not the "under the skin" type. In fact, he said I have very little of that normal type of fat. It is what he called "intra-organ" (or maybe it was inter-organ) Anyway, not something you could even do any kind of surgery on. Too dangerous and all around the organs.

I guess I'm just happy to be alive, and as healthy as I am (which isn't much, but I'll take what I can get, under the circumstances!) Last night looked at pics from previous cruises before the last round of weight gain. Made me wistful and determined to try to take SOMETHING off before my cruise. Also watched the making of the QM2 (which we will be on 3 Jan) and a few RCCL documentraies- refitting of one of the earlier vessels. Now I am totally psyched! less than one month now!

Good luck with your health and use of prednisone. No one told me it can cause diabetes! Just try to keep it all in perspective. No matter what it does to your body. Being alive and in better health than you might otherwise be is more important than your weight or shape. Do what you can, but don't blame yourself for what you cannot control.

Above all, keep smiling! One size fits all!

Travel to go , If you are going to do the duct tape at least use some pre-wrap under it, ( the spongey wrap used in sports for wrappin ankles ect) ;) cause no matter how drunk you get before you remove it, you will feel the irration when you sober up. Ouch You know that had to hurt. :eek:

I'm there! <LOL>

What I am not sure about, does it go directly UNDER the bust line, or slightly up on it? And just totally encircle? or sort of cross-your-heart style (Lifts and separates! <G>) Or do you kind of tape it in a sort of smile? Like down one side, under the front of the bust and up the other? Pardon my dense-ness here!

travel-to-go,

Believe it or not, once you start taping, you'll figure it out. I used to use that method for prom (gosh, long time ago...), and had no rhyme or reason when I start taping, but it just made sense as I started wrapping...haha. The only thing you have to watch for is that you don't wind up with "missile boobs" where you get the tape too pointy at the tip. Make sure you don't squish your boob in an unnatural shape. :-)

Oh, and a tip for duct tape removal...use mineral oil, massage oil, or adhesive remover if you happen to have some...works like a charm...no liquid courage needed. :-p

travel-to-go,

Believe it or not, once you start taping, you'll figure it out. I used to use that method for prom (gosh, long time ago...), and had no rhyme or reason when I start taping, but it just made sense as I started wrapping...haha. The only thing you have to watch for is that you don't wind up with "missile boobs" where you get the tape too pointy at the tip. Make sure you don't squish your boob in an unnatural shape. :-)

Oh, and a tip for duct tape removal...use mineral oil, massage oil, or adhesive remover if you happen to have some...works like a charm...no liquid courage needed. :-p

<LO>!!!

Gosh, I fear I may end up looking like a mummy!

Maybe I should practice every day from now till the cruise! Hmm, 30 days to practice!

Too bad it isn't a halloween cruise. It could do double duty!

TNX.

giggles @ missle boob comment..

i used to have a bra that did that :o and nobody told me until i saw myself in a picture :o i threw that bra out right away!

geeze..nice family..doesn't even tell you that you have missle boobs...:rolleyes:

Missle boobs. Like a Madonna video! :eek:

I have a Christmas Party - OOOPS pardon me, I mean a 'Holiday Party' to go to on Saturday, and if I can't find any strapless tapy device to lift and separate these suckers, I will try the duct tape, lol.

34D - Should we start announcing that on all of our posts? lol.

It is funny because at work we ship computers we repair back out to our customers every night and our boss wants us to use clear tape for the UPS boxes. Well we have a roll of duct tape the guys keep using. Well the boss is getting mad, so I took it out of the room and put it at my desk. Just haven't done anything else with it. Now I know what I will do! Oh and if I get drunk enough at the party I can say... hey you know that duct tape you guys used to use...............

It must be late, this thread is cracking me up!

:p

That is so true...I wear 34C in every other brand of bra I buy, so I ordered 34C from VS and it was too small. Had to return it and get a D cup. That's has been the only brand where I have had to buy a D in whatever style of bra I buy from them.

I totally agree, when I was a 36C in all other bra brands I had to wear a 38D at VS. Not to mention none of their stuff ever fits me right and if I'm paying that much money I want it to fit right. Even after they measure me and bring the right size it's just not right.

I have a Christmas Party - OOOPS pardon me, I mean a 'Holiday Party'

:p

Puleeez. :rolleyes: That has been done to death. If you celebrate Christmas, call it Christmas. Sheesh. (No offense to you meant - I am just soooo tired of that nonsense and the media is thriving off of it.:cool: )

I found a perfect strapless bra. Just like everyone else they NEVER work for me. well I lasted throughout my whole xmas party and I did a lot of dancing, and it held me up perfectly the whole night.

It is a Maidenform Fabulous One Fit Strapless Bra. Product number is 7955.

I am going to get more colors now that i know it works so well. I found it at JC Penny but you can google it and get it online anywhere.

As long as we are on the subject, let me tell you about 2 brands that are excellent, but pricey. I was amazed when I tried both of them on! :D They were actually comfortable and did NOT dig in or cause the "bulge" underneath the bottom of the bra. They are Le Mystere (this is the one Oprah loves) and Donna Karan. There are a couple of different styles (all with convertable straps too) and they are all wonderful. They will run from about $54 to about $65. I said they were pricey, but worth every penny. I'm no spring chicken, so need all the help I can get! :p Even if you aren't buying, try them on for future reference whenever you are in a department store that carries the brands.

I wear a "gel" bra. Fredericks commonly carries this brand. It's called NuBra. I'm a 38C (36D according to VS! :rolleyes: )

The regular, original, gel bra runs very small. I got my size, C-cup which is the largest they make it in, and it's too small. I still use it as long as the clothing isn't thin. It provides good support, stays on very nicely and is quite comfortable, but may give you a "double" appearance if it fits too small like mine does. Definitely order a size larger than your regular cup size. One other thing to note is that this is a thick bra so it adds a full cup size to you when you wear it.

The other version of this brand called "NuBra lite" fits nicer and is thinner so it doesn't add as much to your size. It stays on and provides lift but it is a partial fabric with the gel lining so it will not last quite as long as the original bra, but I've been wearing mine quite a bit since last spring and it's holding up just fine.

Archived