Night Tales tour

Robrph

Anyone done the Night Tales Tour of San Juan with Debbie Molina? It's scheduled from 6-8PM and we thought it to be a fun thing to do the first night before dinner and before the ship sails at 11PM.

Rob

We just did the Night Tales tour with Debbie on 11/14/05 and we had a great time. She is very informative and goes to great effort to make sure you have a good experience. The only word of caution would be to be prepared to do some walking !!! You cover quite a bit of territory in the 2 hours. However , Debbie is very good about taking breaks so it never really seemed like you were struugling to keep up.

The tour starts and ends right by the cruise docks. We felt 100% safe the whole time.

All in all , a great time and a real bargain considering it was less than half the price of a ships tour and from talking to people afterwards they didnt get to see half of what we saw in our 2 hours.

• 4 weeks later...

We did this tour with Debbie before our 12/11 cruise on AOS. It was wonderful. Debbie is a great storyteller and her enthusiasm and love of the city are very evident as the evening unfolds. I highly recommend this tour!

• 2 weeks later...

The poster "*****" is actually the tour guide/owner for the night tales tours. She will be able to give you all the info needed. We did this tour, and we booked in advance, as some dates do tend to fill up. Debbie knows everyone in town (or so it seems!) and knows the history well. We were the only ones on the tour that night, so went into a lot of neat areas, plus got a great restaurant recommendation.

• 1 month later...
Our ship gets into PR at 5 pm. Would we be cutting it close by booking this?

The timing should work for you unless, of course, the ship is delayed. We were due to dock at 5 pm and had plenty of time to get to the 6 pm tour.

Thanks Judy. We are booked with Debbie and hopefully we'll make it. They said if you get there late they'll give you a map and tell you where to go to catch up with the group. Also, I was wondering if you were on Triumph. If so, which nights were the formal nights?

Thanks again,

NJcmom

Thanks Judy. We are booked with Debbie and hopefully we'll make it. They said if you get there late they'll give you a map and tell you where to go to catch up with the group. Also, I was wondering if you were on Triumph. If so, which nights were the formal nights?

Thanks again,

NJcmom

Take a cell phone and call Debbie if you're running late. Formal nights were Sunday (the first at sea day) and Thursday (the at sea day after St. Maarten). Enjoy the Triumph and your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Highly recommened tour for those whose ship is in port in the evening. The meeting spot is right across the street from the pier. Debbie was an excellent guide. Very knowledgeable and proud of her country. You cover a lot of ground in the two hours, but there are several spots to stop and sit while Debbie gives you information and stories about the area. She even gives tips on taking better pictures! She was very conscious of keeping everyone safe from the traffic. At the end, she gave restaurant recommendations or directions for those not wanting to go right back to the pier. A very enjoyable tour and much better than wondering around by yourself!

Our ship arrived at 5pm and there was no problem getting to the meeting spot in time.

• 3 weeks later...

We were in San Juan as a port of call last week, March 27, via the Carnival Triumph. We did the Tales of Old San Juan w/Debbie and really enjoyed our time with her. She is very knowledgable and personable. She shows pride in her home and will answer whatever questions you throw at her. She is very concerned about everyones safety and is great about recommending places to eat/shop after the tour is over. During our tour we were allowed to go into the courthouse when the general public cannot, we were also allowed into another building (cannot remember what it was) that is also not open to the public at nite. It was a great experience and would recommend this tour to anyone.

• 11 months later...

We were in San Juan March 5, 2007 aboard the Carnival liberty from 5pm to midnight, and wanted to make the most of our limited time there. We hit the jackpot with Legends of Puerto Rico, and doubly so by having Debbie as our guide. She also designs all the tours for Legends of Puerto, so she really knows her stuff.

Debbie met us at the Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel a few minutes before 7:00 pm, just as the sun was setting. We benefitted from Debbie's expertise even before the tour began. We were trying to take some sunset photos with our digital cameras, but they weren't coming out right. Debbie changed a few setting and bingo, photos we could actually see! That was worth the price of the tour alone!

We had expected a larger group, and were very pleased to find out that the tour would consist of just the four of us -- my wife and I and the couple we were travelling with. Private tours with Debbie can be very expensive, so we felt fortunate. The tour was supposed to last about two hours, but ours went nearly three hours. Debbie took us to all the usual places throughout Old San Juan, plus some that other tour guides can't even access. The tour was informative and entertaining, and I learned more about Old San Juan in those three hours than in all the time I spent researching San Juan before the cruise.

After the tour ended we spend another hour or so with Debbie having drinks and dinner at the Parrot Club before we had to get back to the ship. Debbie walked us down to the pier where we said our goodbyes.

I can't express how happy we were with the tour, and I highly recommend it.

While Debbie is very professional and gives a great tour, do not do this tour with children. I was convinced when speaking to her by phone that the tour will hold their interest since she talks about pirates and ghosts - there really wasn't enough of that to hold a childs attention. The tour would have been great for us except for our whining kids!!!!!!

Archived