New Year's Eve Departure on Grandeur

pqdtw

Hi all,

We will be sailing on the 12/31 departure of the Grandeur from Tampa. It's a five-day cruise and the shortest one we've ever done...

My question is:

I assume that there will be only one formal night on a five-day cruise. I know that the departure night is never a formal night, but given that it's such a short cruise and that it departs on New Year's Eve, will this be the formal night? If it's not formal, what would be the normal attire for a departure on what should be the normally the dressiest night of the year?

Interested to hear any experiences that others may have had with this.

regards,

Daniel

Hi , we are in a simular situation, we sail the NOS 12/31 out of Miami 7 night eastern. From what I gather on the Roll call for our cruise new years eve would not be formal due to the luggage issue. I will be in shorts and T-shirt for sail away as usual and dress elegantly casual for dinner and the party later in the night. (dark pants with long sleeve shirt)

enjoy the champagne.:)

I see you are from the Netherlands. Yor great coach Leo Benhakker got us to the world cup. First time in our history and a great feat for Leo seeing we are a small island of 1.3 million. His status is one of just below god in this country.:)

Archived