Where to get beer to bring back to ship?

ferm01

Hey txseashell, I see you're from Austin, I grew up in Round Rock, back when it was a small town. I always bring beer and cokes on the ship with me. I get them usually on the cab ride to the pier, zip them up in an extra duffle bag and slap a cabin tag on them. They always get there. I don't think the crew has the time or energy to bother while trying to get everybody and their luggage on board in the matter of a few hours. I have however, never bought beer in port and brought it back onto the ship. Wish me luck. As I think about it, I could use a Shiner right about now. :rolleyes:

Hi Ferm01

I'm a transplanted Austinite from south Texas. I've been here about 7 years and loving it. Hubby and I brought onto the ship 2 bottles of wine in our last cruise but I never bought beer from port. I've developed a taste for Mexican beer but hate to pay $7 for a six pack. Hence, the port beer run. Thanks!

Trish:)

On Conquest they told us that we could not bring beer back on the ship at all in ports...Not even to be stored until the end of the cruise. Check it out with your cruiseline before you go to all that trouble!

Thanks for the info. If you ask, I can already tell you what the answer would be. I guess I'll just have to make sure its cold when I buy it and hit the pier an hour or so before sailing, just in case I have to chug some! I guess it wouldn't be that bad! :rolleyes:

Archived