Vantage 10 Day Eastern Europe 5/16/17+Transylvania Post-trip

TEALKITTY

Adventurous single lady ocean-cruiser/world traveler going on first river cruise would like to get to know some fellow/sister travelers on this cruise as well as get any advice from former participants of this cruise. Is it a good idea to get some some local cash before I leave? What kind of weather can we expect? Are there any "formal" nights onboard?

Adventurous single lady ocean-cruiser/world traveler going on first river cruise would like to get to know some fellow/sister travelers on this cruise as well as get any advice from former participants of this cruise. Is it a good idea to get some some local cash before I leave? What kind of weather can we expect? Are there any "formal" nights onboard?

We are taking this cruise on Avalon in June, and I have also wondered about the local cash issue. Seeing that each country has their own currency (and may or may not accept Euros), we are waiting until we get to each port and then access what we need from ATM's. Many times the ships have currency available for exchange, but not sure what their exchange rate would be. As far as "formal" nights, generally speaking there is one that is more "formal" than others - the Captain's Reception, but you will find that folks don't gussy up as much as they do on the large ships. Much more casual. Weather so far looks like low 70's during the day and cool in the evenings. Enjoy and hope you will come back and write a review when you return.

Cole

We leave for the Vantage Splendor on May 28.

I am only getting euros as they are widely accepted. We have a guide in Budapest which accepts euros.

As for formal night, my friend who recommended Vantage, advised nice slacks and top or skirt is appropriate. I'm not packing anything fancy.