Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Excursions???

gquest

My husband and I just did the Liberty Eastern Carribean route. Stay away from the Glass Bottom Boat in Nassau! Waste of time and money! Also in Nassau, grab a free ride from these vans that come around to go from the ship to the dock - - saves a few walking steps and it's in air condition!! The ship "failed" to tell anyone these vans exist and the walk was a bit much.

I found that all of the ports had people at the docks waiting to give taxi rides around town - - and most of them gave us a "casual tour" as we were driven from the port to the beach or wherever we were headed. The excursions were a waste of time and money. We had a taxi cabbie take us to Jolly Beach in Antigua for $20 (for 2 of us). It was a beach a local told me to go to. There was a nice restaurant on the beach and it was not crowded at all - - - - maybe a 100 people total (across the whole beach). It was our best day on the cruise. Ask for Brother Brown for a taxi cabbie. He can be found right at the dock.

We stopped in San Juan at night. That was a big waste. If I had known, I wouldn't even had gotten off the ship, other than we'd be at sea for almost 2 days and I thought land would be good. It was so dark, I couldn't see anything and the shops were kind of nasty. Not my cup of tea.

Good luck.

My husband and I just did the Liberty Eastern Carribean route. Stay away from the Glass Bottom Boat in Nassau! Waste of time and money! Also in Nassau, grab a free ride from these vans that come around to go from the ship to the dock - - saves a few walking steps and it's in air condition!! The ship "failed" to tell anyone these vans exist and the walk was a bit much.

I found that all of the ports had people at the docks waiting to give taxi rides around town - - and most of them gave us a "casual tour" as we were driven from the port to the beach or wherever we were headed. The excursions were a waste of time and money. We had a taxi cabbie take us to Jolly Beach in Antigua for $20 (for 2 of us). It was a beach a local told me to go to. There was a nice restaurant on the beach and it was not crowded at all - - - - maybe a 100 people total (across the whole beach). It was our best day on the cruise. Ask for Brother Brown for a taxi cabbie. He can be found right at the dock.

We stopped in San Juan at night. That was a big waste. If I had known, I wouldn't even had gotten off the ship, other than we'd be at sea for almost 2 days and I thought land would be good. It was so dark, I couldn't see anything and the shops were kind of nasty. Not my cup of tea.

Good luck.

We did 1/2 of the tours, San Juan we made reservation for a nightclub singer, that was cancelled so we took a night highlight - it was too dark to see anything. St Thomas we did our own thing as everything is right there except the beaches. Antigua we did a highlight tour - it was great especially Nelson's Dockyard. The views were spectacular! Tortola was magnificient - we took the Lambert Beach tour - what a place. I felt I was in heaven and very few people took the tour so I could highly recommend it.

In Nassau we were going to do our thing and I wish we had. After going to the talk on the port, I felt it was worthwhile - they were saying how expensive it was to go to Atlantis and they charged you an arm and a leg just to get in. So we took the tour which they described as a historical cruise and Atlantis. They should be ashamed of themselves for this. First of all we had about a mile to walk to get to the "public ferry" - they it took all of 10 minutes to get over, then they herded us to walk over to Atlantis - about a 10 - 13 minute walk and then they broke us up into smaller groups and we went to aquarium. I don't know about any body else but we were extremely rushed through this. Then they gave us a return ticket to find our own way back - last ferry runs at 5:00. We finished our tour at 4:30.

If you want to see Atlantis go yourself - take a cab over and back $4 per person each way. You can be dropped off at the door. They did not charge to get in the hotel! It is a beautiful sight and it only costs $15 to get in the digs and you can take your time and enjoy it!!!!!!!

Marge

Archived