Clothes to pack

Anitadipy

What clothes should I pack for tours and ship ...I will be traveling first time on 10 th June..am very excited coming all the way from India

I live in Alaska, and, when we go out (done 2 Alaska cruises, and, have traveled through the State intensively), the number one thing is to layer, as you never know what the weather is going to be.

So, for example, I'd have a tshirt, then, maybe a sweatshirt or fleece, and, then, an outer layer that is waterproof and with a hood, that way you don't have to mess with a hood. So, as you get warmer, the layers can come off!

We are very casual up here (though, we do like to dress up too), if you run cold, then, I'd have leggings or something under your jeans, or, a heavier weight pair of pants.

In regards to foot wear, a waterproof shoe would be good. According to what your going to be doing tennis shoes may work, just make sure, they are waterproof.

For glacier viewing days, or, if you are cold nature, definitely gloves (a little stretch pair would work), and, a hat (just something to cover your ears), or, if men in your party a hat to keep them dry.

If you like to wear traditional dress, it would be appropriate, especially, for evening wear, but, remember, a sweater is always good, as you never know how cold the public areas are going to be.

Susan in Anchorage :)

I live in Alaska, and, when we go out (done 2 Alaska cruises, and, have traveled through the State intensively), the number one thing is to layer, as you never know what the weather is going to be.

So, for example, I'd have a tshirt, then, maybe a sweatshirt or fleece, and, then, an outer layer that is waterproof and with a hood, that way you don't have to mess with a hood. So, as you get warmer, the layers can come off!

We are very casual up here (though, we do like to dress up too), if you run cold, then, I'd have leggings or something under your jeans, or, a heavier weight pair of pants.

In regards to foot wear, a waterproof shoe would be good. According to what your going to be doing tennis shoes may work, just make sure, they are waterproof.

For glacier viewing days, or, if you are cold nature, definitely gloves (a little stretch pair would work), and, a hat (just something to cover your ears), or, if men in your party a hat to keep them dry.

If you like to wear traditional dress, it would be appropriate, especially, for evening wear, but, remember, a sweater is always good, as you never know how cold the public areas are going to be.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Susan, thanks so much, my sister called last night and ask what to wear for our cruise, I said layers, but you put it plain and simple for us. I have another question, I know princess will have two formal nights, and I assume casual nights, what do they wear for casual nights (things you would wear to church, dresses, slacks, etc) and is formal, well formal? Thanks

Susan, thanks so much, my sister called last night and ask what to wear for our cruise, I said layers, but you put it plain and simple for us. I have another question, I know princess will have two formal nights, and I assume casual nights, what do they wear for casual nights (things you would wear to church, dresses, slacks, etc) and is formal, well formal? Thanks

Casual is what you mentioned. I usually do tops and slacks, though, if I do bring a sun dress, I'll make sure it's one that has a jacket or sweater over it.

Formal wear ranges, and, I think it's whatever you are comfortable in. The first Alaska cruise we went on was a Princess, and, I did a long dress (that was in 2008), but, now my formal wear ranges more towards cocktail dresses. My Mom has gravitated towards wearing nice slacks and a fancy top. I have a friend that likes a long evening skirt, and, fancy top. But, again, you'll see everything, and, if you want to dress up, then, dress up!

Susan :)