What if we don't want to go on excursions?

decemberbride

Right at the dock is Havensight mall, so if you would like to go shopping. There is a Tram ride up the mountain that you can walk to. There are a ton of Taxi's that will take you any where you would like to go.

Thank you so much :). I know this is probably a stupid question, but are the Taxi's reputable. I just don't feel all that comfortable with strangers, especially since I'll be out of the country.

Thank you so much :). I know this is probably a stupid question, but are the Taxi's reputable. I just don't feel all that comfortable with strangers, especially since I'll be out of the country.

This is not a flame either, but I've noticed that all taxis that I have taken are driven by strangers, even in the USA.

I'd trust drivers in St Thomas, and the ride to town is not that far. I imagine that you will be with decembergroom.....:D

There is lots to do within walking distance, have a great honeymoon.

How about renting a car and exploring the island on your own with your hubby. There are car rental offices right across from the cruise ship dock area (in Havensight, the main docking area).

You can find details on St. Thomas taxis at http://*****/stthomas/getting_around_stt/taxi_stt/. Taxis are a regulated group here in the VI, they are licensed, have set fares to follow, dress codes, numbers you can call to complain if there are issues, etc.

--Islander

http://www.*****

Archived