how far is the airport from the pier?

HoustonRose

• 1 month later...
The airport is mere minutes away from the cruiseship dock. The dock is located in Coxen Hole, and the airport is located just outside of town.

Is it feasible to walk to the airport from Coxen Hole? On the map it looks like it's less than a mile away. I'd like to see a town untouched by tourism.

thanks, andrew.

Is it feasible to walk to the airport from Coxen Hole? On the map it looks like it's less than a mile away. I'd like to see a town untouched by tourism.

thanks, andrew.

Andrew....I gotta tell you.... I wouldn't want to walk from the dock through Coxen Hole, and then to the airport.. First of all, it would take 45+ minutes (one way)...and it would be like walking the gauntlet...

All cruiseship customers in Coxen Hole are approached by a lot of people looking for ways to get you to give them monies. It could be to sell you something, to be your guide, or to simply beg for handouts..

I, like most local people, avoid Coxen Hole whenever possible...

You say that you want to experience a town untouched by tourism. Be careful what you ask for.. Honduras is a third world country, and the sight of tourists creates chaos for those less fortunate. It's the real world here in Honduras, and most people visiting Roatan are not interested in experiencing the real world, even though they think it will be unique. I prefer they see the tropical beauty of our island...

Those of use who live here, who deal with tourists, prefer to show our island to our visitors, but that unfortunately does not include Coxen Hole. It's a town with shops and banks...

If you want to walk through Coxen Hole, grab a guide...There is nothing at the airport to see, other than our best Cigar store...

Thanks.

Andrew....I gotta tell you.... I wouldn't want to walk from the dock through Coxen Hole, and then to the airport.. First of all, it would take 45+ minutes (one way)...and it would be like walking the gauntlet...

If you want to walk through Coxen Hole, grab a guide...There is nothing at the airport to see, other than our best Cigar store...

Thanks.

Thanks..that helps a great deal..I'll take your suggestion and avoid it. Do you know of Caribbean Rent A Car? They are willing to meet me at the dock and get me a car for the day at $50? Do you know how reputable they are?

thanks again,

Andrew.

Thanks..

Do you know of Caribbean Rent A Car? They are willing to meet me at the dock and get me a car for the day at $50? Do you know how reputable they are?

Andrew.

I have used all of the car rental car agencies on the island, and none of them are of the same quality that you are accustomed to.

Yes, they will pick you up at the dock...but you may have complaints about the vehicle, as most car agencies typically do not consistently maintain their vehicles or even supply a full tank of gas.

The truck I recently rented had bald tires...and was on fumes when we got it..

But hey!...it's not a big deal...

I say this only to reinforce to others who may be considering dealing with Captain Van's Rentals, in that we are the opposite, and are well known for our quality and maintenance of our 2-wheel vehicles.

Thanks!

Archived