Can I move the beds my way?

estherhead

I've been looking at photos. We are on Carnival Glory 4A category with 4 beds. We'll only want one wall bed pulled down. Is there anyway to not just push the beds together, but to actually turn them both and push them against the far wall. That would give us the most room next to the mirrors. We're willing to do this ourselves, just wondering if we're allowed or if steward wil re-move them.

On Conquest (same class ship) there was a chair at the desk in front of the mirror. There was also a little bitty table and the chair had a foot rest. I don't know if the beds can be moved like you want them. I have trouble visualizing the way you'd want them...Shoved together but both against the wall instead of in the middle of the room? Is that how you mean? Can't see why it couldn't be done, unless there's not a long enough extension on the cords for the lamps. The lamp tables would have to be side by side, too...but I don't see why it would be an issue. Anyone else have any enlightenment?

Also, if memory serves, the beds are bolted to the floor. While you can have somebody seperate/put together the beds by sliding them along the built-in "track", you can't rearrange them except for your decision to keep them together/seperate them.

The steward will gladly lower/raise the "uppers" as desired

Would you attept to rearrange the furniture in any hotel that you would stay in?

Didn't think so.

There's your answer.

LOL, you don't know me. I have indeed moved furniture in a hotel. If it moves & I have a need, I'll do it. I just make sure to put it back properly before I leave. I've pushed things against walls to make more room and also to protect my sleeping babies (against a wall, they can't fall out of bed.) I've also gotten up at a restaurant after not being able to get a drink filled & filled my own and the server station. I'm kind of a self-serve girl. The upswing is, I rarely complain about bad service! One time we go terrible service, I went to the manager & asked if I could have a pitcher of water and some glasses. He said yes, I carried them to my table & gave the manager our food order myself! LOL! No tip at all that night.

So if I'm allowed I will. But I don't want to get my steward in trouble or mess up the balance of the ship! lol

I don't think the beds move, I've leaned against them and not had them shift at all... I think they may be on a track as mentioned above... it would make sense... moving ship, try to bolt down all you can ;)

Ah, well then I suppose you really can't just shove them over. I never would have guessed they were just on tracks! I'll have to check that out sometime.

On the 'Tion' ships the beds are in an 'L' you can move them to form a double. They come apart on the larger ships as well. Doubt that there is a 'track'. You would see it on the carpet. I'm wondering if they would fit if they were turned. :confused:

finding out the beds are "bolted" down or on "tracks" is great to know. Now I won't need to worry about something happening to the bed during "late night" activities.;) :D

LOL, how do you think I found out they wouldn't move :eek: ;)

LOL, how do you think I found out they wouldn't move :eek: ;)

Of course I knew that is how you found out.;) I would expect nothing less from one of the Saints & Sinners grope! I can't wait to perform my own nightly test to determine if they are bolted down or on tracks. Besides, I need something to discuss over dinner with the captain.:rolleyes: :D

Well then, they certainly aren't "easy" to move then :p Which is a good thing... hate to have rough seas and end up on the other side of the room :eek:

I've always just had the steward put them together, so never really checked... last thing I want to do on vacation is rearrange furniture :D

We move them all the time. Other times we ask the steward to do it. The little table has to move as well to accomodate some moves.

On the Jubilee, the wall bed moves itself when the ship tilts. Thank God that only happened once.

wouldnt the beds take up just as much room against the wall as they do where they are?

the best layout of an inside cabin was the fantasy class. the beds on the floor were in an "L" shape around the room walls. You could not do that on the Legend.. as there was no room to do it.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/25602828/25602828lFsmeHArNf

We move stuff in our cabins all the time, was on the Jewel of the Seas in September and actually had furniture removed from the room in order to put the arrangement the way we wanted it. At the same time, it seems as if cruise lines are now putting just WAY too much furniture in cabins to the point where the original setup doesn't even work. I would rather have less furniture and more space to move around in personally, hehehe :p

We move stuff in our cabins all the time, was on the Jewel of the Seas in September and actually had furniture removed from the room in order to put the arrangement the way we wanted it. At the same time, it seems as if cruise lines are now putting just WAY too much furniture in cabins to the point where the original setup doesn't even work. I would rather have less furniture and more space to move around in personally, hehehe :p

Yes, me too. Thats why I was asking about the chair. When I was looking at the photo I was like, "Why is there a chair in that tiny room?" We have two small girls so they have to stay in our room (3&5.) On our last cruise we got a balcony and it was plenty roomy but this time we went for quanity (2 week vacation instead of one) and got the smallest room. I'm fine with that and we are all pretty small people, but even still. I'll be sleeping & getting 2 small girls ready in our room. Floor space will be very important. Sitting in a chair will not be. I'm not sure how we'll arrange everything, I just wanted to make sure we could do it our way. I'm kind of a clutter-free freak. One of those annoying people who make the bed as I get out of it. With four people in a tiny room, I'll need it arranged so it looks "clutter-less" to my eyes.

Also, Thanks for the photo whoever did that. It was very reassuring!

One of those annoying people who make the bed as I get out of it.

We really have something in common then!.....Im also one of those people, if i do not make my bed as well as pass the vaccum in the house before i go to work, i just have a really screwed up day. You gotta love OCD!.....hehehehe!:p

Archived