Colored Diamonds

tapia

First I'd like to thank everyone for their input on diamonds and locations for buying them. I've been reading all the 'diamond' threads and have found everyone's recommendations and experiences quite interesting.

I am specifically looking for colored diamonds and was wondering if anyone could provide insight on which shops have these or if I should contact beforehand?

I have a feeling I should contact people beforehand so they have the diamonds on site, but can I still get a good deal this way? If so, which shops do you think I should contact?

Another question I'll throw in: Is it better to shop in St. Thomas or St. Martin for colored diamonds?

*cross-posted in the St. Thomas forum as well*

From my cruising experience, my wife says there are better deals in St.Maarten. Lot of business's have locations on both islands, but from friends in both islands Ive heard st.maarten is cheaper, because rents are not as high, and they are not a US port, which st.thomas uses to their advantage to charge higher prices. I know for sure St.Maarten is cheaper for liqor...thats a given.

If you do decide St.Maarten, Give Gift World, or Shoppers Haven tell them Kris sent you :) maybe you'll get a better deal...

Yes, it is a very good idea to contact jewelers via email prior to your trip. Ask if they have what you are looking for and let them know when you will be on island so that they can set a few items aside for you to look at.

For fancy colored Diamonds in St Martin you will want to contact Shoppers Haven, Ballerina Jewelers, Shivas, Joes Jewelry and Omni Jewelers.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I bought a gorgeous white and blue diamond ring in 18Kt. at Grand Jewelers in St. Thomas. They also have a store in St. Maarten. I love the ring and have purchased items from them in the past. I have some really nice pieces from them and they are great to work with.

Have fun!

true... Ive dealt with sunny and Mickey at Grand... Last few times we also went to Shoppers Haven which is right next to Grand, and Victor really took care of us...Service and Price!

Sunny at Grand was also Fantastic! so I would recommend both!!, see who gives you a better deal since theyre right next to each other lol

Archived