Harmony of the Seas - May 27, 2017

Hello all! We will be sailing on Harmony of the Seas tomorrow! I will be posting live on my Facebook and blog page - you can find me on FB @ travelingemptynester or visit my blog at http://www.thetravelingemptynester.com. I will also try to post here as often as I can, but this is a vacation that I do want to enjoy!

I was somehow able to get my husband, three kids and my son's fiancé available at the same time to take this cruise. We are celebrating Kid #2's college graduation and my and my husband's anniversary. We are sailing in a two-bedroom aquatheater suite, so I will have pics and video of that. It is part of the Star Class and we have Daniel as our Genie.

I hope you follow along!

Have fun walking past everyone when you arrive. We are looking to book the same thing for our honeymoon next year. We will be getting on when you get off 6.3 in a Grand Suite.

How busy of a cruiser are you and your family?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have fun walking past everyone when you arrive. We are looking to book the same thing for our honeymoon next year. We will be getting on when you get off 6.3 in a Grand Suite.

How busy of a cruiser are you and your family?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm probably the biggest fan of cruising out of all of my family, with my youngest daughter falling right in my footsteps. I will be Diamond+ after this cruise. I have cruised Carnival a couple of times but am now very loyal to Royal Caribbean, which you can see in my signature.

Thanks for bringing us along. We sail Harmony in February and so are happily following this thread.

You will love the Star Class experience. We sailed in Star Class last year on Ovation and it was incredible. Have an amazing vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are boarding today too! Tempted to do a "live" thread of my own for the first time. They are always so fun to follow along! Congrats to Kid #2 on the graduation. Maybe we will see you on board. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are boarding today too! Tempted to do a "live" thread of my own for the first time. They are always so fun to follow along! Congrats to Kid #2 on the graduation. Maybe we will see you on board. :)

We're the six loud Texans! Come say hello!

We're the six loud Texans! Come say hello!

My husband is a Texan! A quiet one though, if such a thing exists. He said you can come tour our cabin if we can come tour yours. [emoji23]

My husband is a Texan! A quiet one though, if such a thing exists. He said you can come tour our cabin if we can come tour yours. [emoji23]

Haha! My husband is actually from Kansas but I don't hold that against him 😜. Definitely come see our cabin!

Haha! My husband is actually from Kansas but I don't hold that against him [emoji12]. Definitely come see our cabin!

I'll message you on Facebook. [emoji16]

Hi everyone! Quick update from yesterday.

We had a good first day, despite a rough embarkation. We were part of the testing of the new facial recognition system that RCCL will eventually roll out when they work out the kinks. It was a hot mess. Our Genie was no where in sight, no porters took our luggage, and no one knew what they were doing. The technical team at the door were nice enough, but the wifi was very slow, since 6000 passengers were boarding. They probably should have done a load test on the wifi first. After photos were taken, passports scanned and sea pass printouts were scanned, were we given a water bottle to carry that would show people we were part of the test.

As we made our way upstairs, that's when things went horribly wrong. Keep in mind, we were lugging all of our luggage, so that was super fun. Then one person from port security would tell us to go one way; another woman was literally screaming at my daughter to go another way (she was wrong). When we were about to board, they system had all of us checked in except my son's fiancé, even though we had all checked in together. They were about to make her go down and start all over until I put a stop to the mess. I asked one of the guys with his little iPad to to enter her in as I was standing there, he looked at me like I had two heads but did it anyway and off we went. Husband said lots of bad words, I kept everyone moving until we could get on the ship to find our Genie.

I was then able to ask someone to call him and he appears five minutes later, totally apologetic and things were immediately better. He was able to get us in our cabin to drop our luggage off and sit for a hot minute. That was way too stressful!

That check in and embarking process they put you through sounds terrible.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I am glad that once the Genie appeared things got better for you.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us here and Facebook.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Thank you! Ironically, they sent the survey about the checkin to my husband (bad move) even though I am first on the reservation. I would have sent back a more constructive response. Haha!