Bringing Back Overproof Rum????

Does anyone know if there would be a problem brining back overproof Rum from Jamaica???? My boyfriend's dad said that he thought there was some new law in effect since 9/11, but not sure what that has to do with it???

I understand that they will want to hold it until disembarkation, and that is fine. Just wasn't sure if I would have any other problems.

Also, does anyone know a good place to purchase this is Ocho Rios?

1 week 1 day 'til the Mariner!!!!!

The cruise ships don't have a problem with it, but the airlines do.

Liquors such as Bacardi 151 are very flamable and you're not supposed to bring them on a plane, although our liquor boxes were not searched when we went through security.

Gotcha! I hadn't even thought about that! Well, we live in Florida and wont be flying, so I guess it will work out fine! Now I just have to find the stuff when we get there!!!!!!

Not sure where exactly you will find it - but also consider buying Appletons 21 yr estate rum - it is not over proof but it is not available stateside ( 18 yr is though) it was about $25 a bottle but does it make a smoooooooth sipping whiskey

I know you can get some in loacl liquor stores, but it is actually sold at a higher proof in Jamaica. The people that I am buying it for are from Jamaica. They substituted the local stuff in their most recent cake, and it just wasn't as potent as the stuff they bought in Jamaica when they were there last. (They got it at the airport.) I don't want to make a day of looking for the stuff.

Archived