Steakhouse on the Magic. As good as:

LadyBeBop

We eat in the steakhouse at least once on each Carnival cruises. The steaks, the lobster, and the sea bass are all very delicious. The french onion soup is wonderful with rich broth, if you like that soup. The shrimp cocktail is presented in a stemmed martini glass. The spinach salad is great as well as the portobella mushrooms. The bread is good and the desserts portion is generous...chocolate sampler, the cheese cake, the warm apple...all are yummy.

We feel the meal in the steakhouse is well worth the extra fee.

Hope you have an enjoyable dinner in the steakhouse while on your cruise...OP.

I know the steakhouse is an additional $35/person or $70.00 for the two of us.

I'm sure that the steaks are much better quality as a Ponderosa or Golden Corral. My question: Is it as good of quality as the higher end steakhouses? Say a Jeff Ruby's in Cincinnati and Louisville? Or an Eddie Merlot?

We'll pay the $70 for Ruby/Merlot quality. But not for a lower end

The Steakhouse has very good

steaks, honestly can't believe how low the price is considering the quality of meal and service....I think they're as good as Mortons.

Our last visit was actually darn close to Ruth's Chris. My hubby could cut his well done filet with a fork. WELL DONE. (First, who the heck gets a filet well-done? My man. He can barely look at my medium rare, but I love him just the same.)

Seriously, he cut it with a fork. My medium rare was cooked beautifully and tasted fabulous. It was the best steakhouse meal we've had on a ship. Flat out yummy and, we thought, worth way more than the 35.00 charge. Add in that chocolate sampler and it was over the top. We left so pleased and both thought Ruth's Chris was a good comparison for THAT chef. We've hit the steakhouse before and thought Outback was closer. Still good and still worth 35.00.

Your husband and I are on the same wave length. Nothing pink for me. Husband has gradually also become a well done guy. But we don't eat as much beef as we once did. We will be celebrating...astonished at.....our 44th wedding anniversary in August on the Magic, God Willing and the hurricanes don't blow.

I hope they still have that Apple Carmel Flan. I loved that dessert.