Loft question

Hi everyone,

I have been extremely lucky to get an upgrade to a sky loft suite on the oasis from an aquatheater 1-BR GTY. Downside to me is the lack of a separate bedroom.

We also have a crown loft this same cruise.

We are traveling with our children who would be sleeping on the sofabed. I can see on videos that there is a curtain between the upper floor with the bed and the rest of the loft, but it seems very translucent.

Does anyone have any experience with the lighting in the crown or sky loft, i.e. can we read a book or watch television upstairs while our children sleep downstairs?

Thank you

You have reading lights on each side of the bed. As to watching TV, there really isn't much TV to watch onboard and the sound will flow right downstairs. You get the Surf & Stream internet with the Sky Loft, just watch movies on your phone/tablet/computer with headphones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if Oasis is the same as Anthem - on Anthem, there was also a "blackout" curtain in the loft area. You can tell if all the lights are on upstairs; however, if you are using bedside ones, definitely not as easy.

And, remember, all the PPV movies are free (double-check, but they were for me in my SLS on Anthem). So, that was some extra viewing. Not sure about how the sound carries though. The TV screen comes down from the ceiling - there is noise associated with that process. So, you may not want to put it back up if your kids are sleeping.

Enjoy!

Thank you, we will enjoy regardless of the curtains.

When i see the videos posted on YT, the oasis loft does not seem to have blackout curtains, at least not the obvious ones you see in the Anthem videos.

We hardly watch any tv on a cruise, so considering the noise it seems it will be books and ipads after lights out.

On the OASIS in the bedroom, the tv does not come down from the ceiling (in 1720) It is located at the foot of the bed on a partial wall/railing. (it can be a little difficult to see while in bed)

Its a great suite! LOVE the balcony.

I remember reading there are variations between ships (weird). LOL

You could also sit on the balcony if the weather is nice enough. Granted, it would mean passing the kids to come in but it might work (depends on time of night and how they sleep, etc.).

Not sure about how the sound carries though. The TV screen comes down from the ceiling - there is noise associated with that process. So, you may not want to put it back up if your kids are sleeping. Enjoy!

From what I saw in my brother's CLS you would not want to leave it down at night unless you wanted to visited the infirmary.

Thank you, we will enjoy regardless of the curtains.

When i see the videos posted on YT, the oasis loft does not seem to have blackout curtains, at least not the obvious ones you see in the Anthem videos.

We hardly watch any tv on a cruise, so considering the noise it seems it will be books and ipads after lights out.

Allure has blackout curtains and sheers, both controlled by elec switches in either the loft or downstairs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi everyone,

I have been extremely lucky to get an upgrade to a sky loft suite on the oasis from an aquatheater 1-BR GTY. Downside to me is the lack of a separate bedroom.

We also have a crown loft this same cruise.

We are traveling with our children who would be sleeping on the sofabed. I can see on videos that there is a curtain between the upper floor with the bed and the rest of the loft, but it seems very translucent.

Does anyone have any experience with the lighting in the crown or sky loft, i.e. can we read a book or watch television upstairs while our children sleep downstairs?

Thank you

Loft only has a sheer curtain separating it from downstairs. Next time you might consider another suite config with separate bedroom. You can also switch now if there's availability and the cost isn't prohibitive. We had a loft last cruise and are getting an Owner's suite next time. Better config for us, and less expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums